Chapter 4: Inside a Hotel

Did we even sign up for the auditions? I thought it was for people who enter Paramount Theater. We're only here to find the black-hooded person, not to participate in the singing tournament.

Those were the first thoughts that came to Ray's mind after the words he heard from the manager. But he couldn't manage to let any words out because saying those words might lead to arguments between him and the manager.

Knowing he had to adjust himself to an open mind, Ray's lips stretched out a soft smile. He nodded in respect and honor. "Thank you, sir."

"Oh, just call me manager, Ray," the manager said. His hand swayed in his chest level. "There's no need for formalities."

Ray nodded. "Okay, manager." At this one moment, a curious idea popped into his head. "So when is the auditions?"

"Tomorrow at 1pm, but the real contest starts next week at 10am," the manager answered.

"Okay. Thanks again, manager."

"No problem."

As Ray and Ralpha rose from their seats, Diona and Rhea backed away from the chairs the males were sitting on. Then, as the Daniels family compressed to each other a bit and they stood before the manager, it was Ray himself who gave the manager another sentence. "Thanks again for your time, manager."

"It's no problem, Ray. No problem."

With that being said by the manager, the Daniels family exited the office.

As the Daniels family walked their way to the exit doors of the theater, words were never dared to be spoken. Multiple questions ran through their minds. Most especially Ray and Ralpha. Ralpha was tempted to let all those words out, but his left hand moved to cover his whole mouth. His right hand grasped with Diona's left hand. Rhea, on the other hand, had mentally zipped her mouth until she got to a private place. Or maybe when she and her family got back to the car. Her left arm was wrapped around Ray's right one.

As the Daniels family stepped in front of the doors of Paramount Theater, Ray turned to the man, whose left hand grasped the door knob. This man had fair skin, black straight hair and he was wearing a white translucent men's shirt with black pants and leather shoes. This door was pulled open for them to exit the theater.

"Thank you, sirs and ma'ams," the man said to the Daniels, nodding.

Ray nodded back at the man. Next is Rhea, who nodded slightly at the man, then Diona.

As the Daniels stepped out of the doors in Paramount Theater, it was Ralpha who finally spoke up.

"Daddy, I thought we're gonna find the black-hooded person."

"I know. I thought so, too," Ray said.

As he said this, the Daniels family's bodies turned to the right. Then, they walked straight down the street. As they did, another response was heard from Ralpha. This came directly to his dad.

"Then, why did you sign up for the singing contest?"

"It's Singing Tournament, Ralpha," Rhea corrected him.

"Whatever," Ralpha replied to his sister.

"I thought the signing up is for people who just entered Paramount Theater. I didn't know it's for the Singing Tournament until now," Ray answered to the question given to him moments ago.

"Let's talk about it later. Now that we just signed up for the contest, I think we should book a hotel room to stay in," Diona said to her family.

Rhea let out a low sigh. Again, she thought.