Chapter 9: Prayers from Rhea's Parents

Later that night...

Rhea's face turned to the wall. Sniffing sounds escaped from her mouth. Her cheeks were stained with streams of tears. This time, a new stream formed on her face. And this direction went from her eyes to the left side of her temple. Her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes were closed tightly. Her hands were also clenched into tight fists.

The Daniels had already ate dinner somewhere in the hotel. It had brought Diona, Ray and Ralpha in concern about Rhea. A gloomy expression appeared on her face this whole time. Especially during dinner. The waiter even asked if she's okay. In reply, it was Ray who answered the question, his eyebrow raised in confusion.

"I'm not sure."

Right now, the Daniels did their nighttime routine and they were about to go in bed.

Rhea could feel a weigh being brought down beside her. Then, a hand stroke the right side of her body. More particularly, her shoulder. The next thing she could hear... was her dad's voice.

"Rhea. Are you okay?"

"No," she muttered.

"Look, I saw how the manager acted that way. And that's not good. But even though we're out of the tournament, there's still a chance for us to look for the black-hooded person."

"It's not that, dad. You were... right. The way... the manager acted... was not good. Maybe... he should... learn how to control himself... and talk to us... full of respect and honor," Rhea said in between sobs. Her voice had a weak tone as she said this. "And not only that, but... he couldn't understand the truth... let alone... listen to me for once. He should understand... that I didn't... really cheat. I would... never do that. I was only... writing an original song for the Semi-Finals. Maybe... when he came in... along with Jordan... we should've talk about the incident... real' nicely... and find out... who did this."

Ray nodded upon hearing this. "Yes, it's true."

Another weigh was brought down beside Rhea. By the feeling of weigh beside her, she knew for sure that it was her mom.

A few seconds later, she could hear Ralpha's voice asking her mom. "What happened to Ate?"

"She's crying because the manager is rude to her," she heard Diona telling him.

"Did she cheat?"

"No, she did not. It's just a misunderstanding."

"What's 'misunderstanding?'" Ralpha asked Diona, his eyebrow raised in confusion.

"It's... not understandable. The manager did not understand what happened."

After a few moments of breaking down into tears, an idea suddenly planted in Rhea's mind.

"Mom, dad. Can you pray for me?"

Ray and Diona turned to their daughter. "Pray for what?"

"For the comfort and guidance I really need... for motivation to fill inside of me... to help us fix some misunderstanding... to help the manager realize what he had done... and to help us find out who framed me," Rhea answered.

Concern filled Ray and Diona's eyes. Their heads turned to each other for a few moments. Then, they turned back to Rhea.

Ray nodded in response. "Okay. We will pray for you."

"Mommy, are you going to pray?" Rhea heard Ralpha asking their mom.

"Yes, we're going to pray for Ate."

As Diona said this, Rhea's fist were unclenched. Then, she clasped her hands together. Her eyes were closed again real' tightly and her eyebrows furrowed. The Lord in Heaven came into her mind.