Chapter 1

Crickets chirped their evening songs outside the bank of a newly added in town stashed in the border of the woods called Crossover Town, everything minus the chirping crickets silent. A blue hedgehog wearing a torset representing Metal Sonic's torso walked up to the bank, the Mobian wearing gauntlets looking like Metal Sonic's clawed hands and red boots with grey circles on the ankles and white lines along the bottom of them. The Mobian, being a navy-blue hedgehog with three short quills, a chocolate milk colored muzzle and inner ears, and ruby red eyes.

The said hedgehog halted in front of the doors to the bank, seeing light shining through the closed blinds. Eyes narrowing a bit, the hedgehog grabbed hold of the handle and pulled the door open, a small bell ringing above to alert anyone within the building. A male Mobian Persian cat glanced up; blue eyes narrowed behind his glasses before he stood from the chair behind the desk.

"I'm sorry sir, but we're closed." The cat Mobian said.

The hedgehog said nothing before he spin dashed the Mobian cat back, the chair and desk tipping over on impact as the Mobian cat groaned, watching helplessly as the hedgehog walked up to a large painting, ripping it off the wall to reveal a large safe door, the hedgehog slicing his way inside of it, spotting the red Chaos Emerald sitting in the middle of the piles of moneybags. The hedgehog picked the Chaos Emerald up and walked out of the safe, only to halt just past where the desk used to be, seeing Sonic himself walking inside.

"You know, the typical burglar would have bombed the entire place up, but I guess you just didn't want that to be flung out of reach, Metal." Sonic said, pointing to the red gem clutched in the navy-blue hedgehog's hand.

"It's Onyx now, you idiot." Onyx replied in annoyance, his voice similar to Sonic's, but was slightly raspy like Shadow's with a bit of a high-pitched tone in it.

"New name basis, and I suppose you really think you'll be taking that back to Egghead." Sonic replied.

Onyx bared his teeth, tightening his grip on the Chaos Emerald before he sped at Sonic and swiped his claws at him, missing by an inch as Sonic dodged the attack, both hedgehogs then speeding around the place in two blue blurs until Onyx managed to grab Sonic's arm and threw him near the Mobian cat.

"Might want to get outta here." Sonic said to him.

Onyx spin dashed at Sonic, who dodged the attack, leaving the navy-blue hedgehog to spin dash through the back wall of the bank and outside, Sonic following in pursuit and spin dashing Onyx, knocking him over as he dropped the Chaos Emerald, the said red gem rolling away. Onyx stood up, growling and sped past Sonic, this time cutting him on his left waist, the said cobalt hedgehog wincing and holding onto where Onyx cut him.

"Still under the influence of Eggman's need of wanting me dead I see." Sonic commented.

"Shut it!" Onyx growled, punching Sonic in the chest, which was likely a bit more powerful due to him wearing metallic gloves as Sonic backed up, the breath being knocked out of him momentarily. "I'm collecting the Chaos Emeralds for my own purposes, and as for Eggman, he and I are no longer acquainted with each other." He said to him, metallic claws flexed as he prepared to continue attacking him.

Before anything else was said, Onyx felt a sudden shockwave pulse through him, the pain lasting for a moment before his vision went black and all sounds went dead silent.

*   *   *

Onyx groaned as he began to regain consciousness, hearing the familiar sounds of Sonic and Tails talking, the navy-blue hedgehog shaking away his dizziness as his vision cleared, seeing that he was inside a cabin and standing in front of him near a table was Sonic and Tails, the yellow fox holding the red Chaos Emerald while Sonic had bandages wrapped around his waist.