Chapter 3

Onyx and Sonic dodged the cubes that flew down at them, the navy-blue hedgehog blasting a stream of fire at Infinite. Infinite dodged the attack, only for Sonic to spin dash him in a cobalt blur, the masked Mobian shaking his head as he got stunned. Taking this as his perfect opportunity, Onyx spin dashed Infinite, knocking him to the ground and began home attacking him. Infinite blasted a scarlet beam at Onyx, the navy-blue hedgehog dodging it at the speed of light before Sonic spin dashed Infinite on the side, making him stumble a bit.

A growling sound could be heard from Infinite before he made a red sword appear and charged at Onyx, swinging the blade at his neck to decapitate him. Onyx dodged in time, though still winced as he felt pain on one of his ears, glancing down to see three droplets of crimson blood drip on the ground. Infinite had merely nicked his left ear. Onyx glared up at Infinite, seeing he was once again busy with Sonic as the cobalt hero was using his homing attack on him again.

Infinite soon grabbed Sonic by the arm and threw him, charging to deliver a blow. Onyx made haste and rammed himself into Infinite, dodging a swipe of his sword fully this time before he spin dashed the masked Mobian into a large tree near one of the cabins, his mask falling off to reveal his face as he had a white fuzzy muzzle similar to Tails' and a pale scar over his right eye, a string of blood coming out of his lower lip and sliding down his chin.

Onyx, full of rage at this villain thinking he could mess with him, approached Infinite, Sonic following in pursuit. Once the two blue hedgehogs were two feet from Infinite, the dark furred canine opened his eyes, one yellow while the other was blue.

"Looks like you couldn't handle two speedy hedgehogs." Sonic said to Infinite tauntingly.

Infinite simply glanced at Sonic before darting his gaze at Onyx, whose canine-like teeth were bared to their limit, and his eyes seemingly glowing a bit due to his rage as his fists were ignited in his blue flames.

"What, not going to finish the job? Or have you allowed Sonic to make you soft?" Infinite asked Onyx mockingly.

Onyx formed a sword of blue flames in his right hand, grabbing Infinite by the throat with his left after extinguishing the flames in it, pointing his sword at the canine's throat.

"One more word and your end will be much more painful then what I already have planned." Onyx growled in a dark tone.

"Onyx, he's just trying to get into your head." Sonic said, partially sounding tense.

Onyx glanced over at Sonic. "Infinite just attacked us and you're defending him?!" He exclaimed.

"Of course not, I'm saying that you shouldn't seek vengeance on anyone when it isn't necessary." Sonic replied. "But there's no going back if you kill him right now, and if you do this, you'll just end up getting worse." He warned him.

"He only thinks you don't have the guts Metal." Infinite chuckled.

Onyx glanced at Infinite, seeing a smirk on his face. Sonic is right, if he were to run him through right now, he'd just end up like him. Making his decision, Onyx growled, pulling Infinite closer.

"The name is Onyx." Onyx said sternly before throwing Infinite down. "Get out of here and never come back, or you'll be needing an eyepatch to match that scar." He ordered him.

Infinite glanced up at Onyx, smirk glued to his face. "That was a big mistake." He said, drawing out his sword and charging at Sonic.

On instinct, Onyx dashed to Sonic, pushing him away from harm's way, the blade slashing across the side of his waist, the navy-blue hedgehog falling on impact. Onyx groaned, holding his injury while watching as Sonic spin dashed Infinite, knocking the canine down. Infinite sprung to his feet, grabbing his mask that had a few dents on it and put it on before flying off, dodging as Sonic spin dashed up to him, but missed due to the masked Mobian's speed.