Twentyfive

╰──╮

Namjoon's parents weren't home at the time so he was able to walk Jimin home.

As they were walking, Namjoon was trying his best to calm him down since Jimin knows his parents are going to freak out about him running away...once again, but going to someone he dearly knows and not just becoming homeless. When he ran away one time, they found him passed out in the back of his school. He was in lockdown of his own bedroom for about a week or two.

"My parents are going to be so mad at me..."

"You'll explain it to them, okay? Don't worry too much." Namjoon softly says, rubbing his back to comfort him.

Jimin gulps nervously at the thought. "This isn't really my first time...running away."

Namjoon looks at him. "What?"

Jimin rubs the back of his neck nervously. "I...I don't know if it's my third or fourth time... I lost count ever since my second runaway...I think."

Namjoon stops walking, making him stop walking too. "Jimin... You shouldn't run away anymore. It's not safe for you—it's not safe for anyone."

"The whole world isn't safe, Namjoonie... I know running away won't solve anything, but...sometimes it's just fresh air for me since it gets stuffy at home." Jimin sighs. "I don't know... I ran away just to go to you." He looks at him. "It's nothing major this time."

This time? Namjoon curls his brows. "I understand. But promise me something."

Jimin looks at him. "What is it?"

Namjoon softly grabs both of his hands. "Promise me you won't run away anymore. Don't even run away to just to get to me, okay? A phone exists for a reason, right?"

Jimin lowers his eyes and looks back up. "I promise."

Namjoon smiles small, placing a soft hand on the side of his face. "I'll help explain the situation with you."

▁▁▁▁▁

"What is wrong with you!? Stop running away!" Sooyoung sobs out.

Jimin had tears in his eyes due to upsetting the whole family once again. Sooyoung just cries while hugging her brother, being mad at him from running away all the time. Jimin just softly hugs her back, knowing he stressed her out so much. Namjoon stood with them, frowning by having jealously of Jimin's family. They all cared about him. Namjoon never had a family like his before.

"Namjoon." Mrs.Park softly spoke up, facing the younger male and placing a soft hand on his arm. "I appreciate that it was only you that he went to. I'm glad it wasn't anyone else, except for Jeongguk. I...didn't really expect him to run away again..."

Namjoon nods, lowering his eyes. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I'm the reason why he ran away to my place."

"It isn't, sweetie. My son ran on his own. He has done it more than once."

"We were just texting about my parents." Namjoon confesses, quietly saying it. "The situation I had with them upset him a lot and he just..ran to my place when I told him not to... It's my fault."

"It's mine." Jimin spoke. Namjoon looks at him and curls his brows. Jimin tightens his fists. "I'm the one to blame—I know it's my fault because I'm the one who ran away! S-So just...stop trying to take the blame on yourselves from my runaway!"

"Dear..."

"I-I hate when you guys do that..." He mutters as he sniffs from the tears. "I...I'm staying home again, aren't I?" Jimin faces his mother. "I have to do school work at home again and stay home for a few days..."

"No." Sooyoung suddenly says. "Umma, can you please shrug this off?" She faces her. "I-I know he ran away, but he went to someone he cares about. It-It wasn't just a random runaway like those other times... He went to Namjoon."

Namjoon blinks. He didn't really expect Sooyoung to go on Jimin's side when it comes to a situation like this. Jimin just looks at his sister, shocked that she took his side for once. Mrs.Park smiles small at her daughter from defending her brother.

"Umma, please." Sooyoung begs, looking at her. "Let him go to school and just...ignore this runaway for once. I know he ran, but...it's not like he went somewhere unsafe!"

Jimin lowers his head and puts his hand on his arm from where he got hurt, gulping hard from the thought of him climbing unsafe. Namjoon notices, frowning from his hand movement. I should butt in... Only his sister is taking his side.

"I...agree with her." Namjoon nervously spoke up, getting glances at the Park family. He grew stage fright. "Um...I know that I don't know much, but...she does have a point. He went to me and he was safe the whole time."

"Then what-what happened to his arm?" Mrs.Park had to ask, noticing Jimin's old jacket that's ripped up and revealing a bandage through it.

"He climbed to my window instead of my front door, that's all. He's okay, Mrs.Park. I promise you. I patched his arm up, so it's all good." Mrs.Park understood him, but she was still worried about Jimin. Namjoon looks at Jimin. "I'll be going back to school tomorrow." Then he looks at Mrs.Park. "But as of right now, I need to get home before my parents find out that I'm not there." Namjoon bows at them. "I should go."

Namjoon turns around to leave the house. Jimin grew tears in his eyes once again, deciding to run to him and quickly put his arms around him. Namjoon blinks and turns around, noticing that it was Jimin who's hugging him. Namjoon smiles and puts his arms around him too, resting his head down on his. Sooyoung just smiles at their connection, knowing a hundred percent there's something between them. Mrs.Park was just happy that he has someone like Namjoon.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow, okay?" Namjoon whispers. "Just relax for today and text me. I'll reply every time."

"For you...I will." Jimin whispers back, lifting his head up to look at him with a soft smile.

╭──╯