Fourtyone

╰──╮

Hoseok wakes up to a major headache.

He groans in the pillow, lifting his face up with messy hair and squinted eyes from the sunlight that's shining in the unknown bedroom. His brows knit more, deciding to sit himself up and look around, looking really confused. Someone puts a glass of water down on the nightstand, putting a white pill in it that's a pain relief. Hoseok's still squinting and looks up to see a blurry appearance.

"Jeongguk-ssi?"

Jeongguk looked like he showered and everything, only wearing the casual white t-shirt and black shorts. He sits himself down on the edge of the bed, picking up the glass and handing it to Hoseok. Hoseok sits up more and takes the glass, taking a drink.

He was confused, continuing to look around the bedroom he's in when he still takes the drink. It for sure wasn't his bedroom, it's a hundred percent Jeongguk's bedroom. He sees a poster of Jeongguk on the swim team with the other teammates, seeing gold and silver medals hanging on the shelves.

Hoseok reaches over to put the glass down on the nightstand. "I drank too much...didn't I?" He looks at Jeongguk. Jeongguk just nods, still not saying a word. Hoseok covers the side of his face in shame, closing his eyes. "Fuck..."

When Jeongguk brought Hoseok to the bedroom, he laid him down with him but stayed awake. Hoseok quickly passed out once he hit the bed, quietly snoring. But during that time, when Jeongguk was about to fall asleep, Hoseok was starting to twitch in his sleep. Jeongguk notice and reaches over to place his hand on his. Even if the twitches were normal, Jeongguk adored it.

Hoseok just lies himself back down, groaning again. "Shit, I'm sorry Jeongguk. I'm...actually a lightweight when I only drink Soju." He nervously chuckles, looking at him. "I just like to drink when I go to parties." Jeongguk lowers his eyes, not knowing what to say. Hoseok looks at him, noticing his odd behavior. "You okay?"

Jeongguk looks at him. "Uh yeah, I'm fine. Just...still processing last night."

Hoseok side smiles, turning to his side to face him. "Wasn't it fun?" He chuckles. "Sometimes it's just fun to let it all go at places like that. No harm done."

Did he really forget...? Jeongguk thought, gulping hard at the felling.

"Besides...why am I at your place?"

"You got tired and...you were about to pass out. I thought about my place because it's closer by walking." Mainly the truth but Jeongguk cuts out the kissing part.

Hoseok hums and just stretches out, cuddling into the pillow that's beside him. "Your bed is oddly comfortable..."

"It's memory foam. I needed it due to being on the swim team."

Hoseok scoffs. "I bet you're ripped. By the looks of it, you have muscle from swimming."

Jeongguk looks away and rubs the back of his neck, slightly blushing. He didn't really know what to say from that compliment. Hoseok chuckles, smiling fading and raising a brow from the male's odd behavior. Hoseok decides to sit himself up and slicks his hair back.

"What's wrong? Did you not have fun last night?" He asks.

"I...I did but..."

Hoseok's brows curl. He realizes what he meant and lowers his eyes. He thought Jeongguk's a partier...but it's not about that. "It's about that kiss...right?" He nervously says.

Jeongguk looks at him. "You-You remember?"

Hoseok nods, biting the inside of his cheek. "I uh...I just thought it was one of those...drunk kiss things that we both do normally a parties—I don't know." He sighs, closing his eyes. "I'm sorry if you weren't into it."

"I was into it."

Hoseok looks at him. "You were?"

"Y-Yeah. I...I just..." Jeongguk stand up from the edge of the bed and sighs, putting his hands behind his neck. "I'm really confused. Ev-Even if it was just for fun...I can't get it out of my head. I'm-I'm fucking straight and I kissed you! I'm not even gay! I don't get it!"

Hoseok brows knit. "Why does it matter?" Jeongguk moves his hands off his neck and lowers, looking at him. "Do you hate that you kissed a guy or what? What the hell is it?" He argues.

"It-It's not that..."

"Why the hell are you even labeling yourself about kissing me? You're just you!" Hoseok groans and pushes himself to goes over to the edge of the bed. "Where's my shoes?"

Jeongguk crosses his arms and closes his eyes, not replying.

"Jeongguk, where the hell are my shoes?" Hoseok repeats in an angry way.

"They're downstairs." Jeongguk mutters.

Hoseok sighs and gets up, catching his balance from being lightheaded. He fixes himself and walks over to the door—Jeongguk grabs his arm and turns him, pushing him down on the closed door and getting close to him. Hoseok widen his eyes and looks at him in a certain feeling that started sprouting up. He didn't want to do it again. But he needs to. Hoseok's starting to fade away.

Jeongguk tsks and leans down to smash their lips together. Hoseok flutters his eyes closed and slides his hands up to his shoulders, kissing him back. Jeongguk nervously grips his arm, slowly disconnecting their lips and looking at him. He lowers his eyes, sliding his hand off his arm.

"I like you." Jeongguk mumbles out, confessing. "You're the first boy I ever liked."

"It's the same way of liking a girl." Hoseok mumbles back. "Just a tad bit different since we're the same gender."

Jeongguk looks at him. "I-I know."

Hoseok looks at him too, brows curling. He looks away, fluttering his eyes down and grab the doorknob to twist the door open, Jeongguk backing up. "I'll see you at school, Jeongguk." He turns around and leaves, closing the door behind him.

Jeongguk curls his brows. He rests his forehead on the door, huffing in anger at himself. He really hates how he worded things...it drove Hoseok away. He really fucked up.

╭──╯