The Truth Will Out

As Henry came into the sheds, ready to rest, Edward was scolding Gordon severely about the whole ordeal. The big engine was only huffing and giving small retorts back, not having as much energy as previously, he still held a glare at the green engine as he passed.

In the sheds, James was tucking in for the night. Peter and Ava were also there, Ava readying herself to do more trains for the night herself and Peter talking to her, trying to comfort her whilst she only gave short responses. But another engine lay in the shed, the guest of who the Fat Controller had mentioned previously.

City of Truro had stayed longer than expected and was doing some rail excursions along the mainline with his coaches. He was enjoying himself but now, was sad and worried. The old engine looked to see Henry move into the sheds.

"Have you spoken to Duck as of late Henry?" asked Truro.

"Not since he left the sheds," sighed the green engine.

Truro hummed a bit, thinking of a response carefully. "Hmm yes, me neither, my trains don't stop at the station he's at when he's around," he said, "pity, I would like to talk to him about this whole situation between him and you three."

"There's not much to talk about," huffed James, who sat on the other side of Truro, "he told names to the trucks to make fun of us, we caught him and the Fat Controller sent him away to Edward's station. Simple."

"Yes, but it doesn't feel right."

James looked carefully at Truro for a moment, a little hesitant to say what he was about to say next, but sighed. "You were there in the sheds when we took a stand on him," he said, "and yet you said nothing to defend him. Instead, what did you say?"

Truro didn't respond for a brief second, he pursed his lips, but then looked at his buffers in shame. "You are not a Great Western engine."

"Yes you did," said James, but he didn't say as harshly as he would've when proving a point, instead it sounded softer like James didn't have the energy to care about proving his point. But Henry said nothing about it as he went into the shed and went to sleep.

***

It wasn't a good sleep for Henry, and the poor engine left the sheds tired and still worn out.

But as he did, Diesel watched him closely as he left. He knew that Henry was close to finding the truth and it made him panic. He had a bad sleep too and knew he couldn't let Henry find out the truth. But how?

He couldn't let Henry find out, or better, he won't let Henry's voice be heard. Diesel's manic, unfocused mind because to hatch a plan. A very flawed, devious plan which would cause a massive effect on the railway...

***

Diesel arrived at the yards later that morning, he watched his driver get down and walk off to get the papers for what to shunt today. But instead of staying where he should've been, Diesel rolled off. And he oiled up to the crowd of trucks slowly. "I saw Henry made fun of you all yesterday," he said deviously, "awful, dreadful things to say to you, smirking and questioning your intelligence. You should be more respected."

The trucks all muttered in agreement.

"I think you should pay him out for it," he said, "when Henry takes his goods train this afternoon, give him much grief that the Fat Controller wouldn't dare look at him again."