Your Secrets Revealed

The banging and shouting from the trucks could be heard as a cackling Diesel rattled through the yards. Diesel had returned and was causing quite a stir in the yards. He worked well... sort of, he always banged into the trucks and even banged into the engines to spite them. The others were finding him very annoying and would stare daggers at Diesel as he cackled past them.

Alfred and Donald watched nearby as Diesel went about the yard. "Brute," commented Alfred crossly, "he has no idea what will happen when the others hear about this."

"Aye, I'm with yae there lad," Donald agreed, "he should nae be here."

"Let's hope everything is solved soon," said Alfred, "it hasn't even been the end of the day yet and the others still haven't found out."

"Yae mean Gordon, Jeames and Henry did nae know?" said Donald.

"Alice told us to all keep our mouths shut about the matter," said Alfred, "and that's what we'll do."

"Aye, I'm sure Duck will have something to say about the matter though," he said.

36 then came smoothly up to them. "Alfred, you're train is ready on the departure track," he informed, "Donald, you can leave your train here, I'll sort it for you."

"Thank yae," smiled Donald, he looked over to the tender engine, "he's got manners at least."

As Donald puffed away, Alfred looked closely at 36. "When did you meet Diesel?" he asked curiously.

36 looked over to Alfred and contemplated what to say. "I only just met him at Barrow," he said, "he kept going on about him being Diesel and that's it. I tried to blur him out on the rest of the journey."

Alfred only gave a hum of a response and he then puffed quickly away, 36 watched him go his eyes only glued to him. Until he felt a sharp bump from behind. "Hey!" he snapped, "what was that for?!"

"Oh dear!" said Diesel, in a sarcastic manner, "so sorry 36." He then moved over to the other track and ran into some open wagons next to 36, without a care in the world.

"Oh oh oh oh!" screamed the trucks. Porter then arrived with some more trucks from the harbour and frowned at the sight.

"You should take care with those trucks," he warned, "they might be different on the mainland but here they'll pay an engine out."

Diesel only rolled his eyes. "What do you know kettle?" he smirked cheekily, "we diesels come to the yard and improve it."

"Well, you've certainly shown that theory to be wrong," snapped 36, "you've done nothing but cause mayhem in the yards. These engines are kind enough to teach us, yet you go around causing disruptions! Be respectful!"

Diesel only rolled his eyes and continued shunting.

Porter and 36 watched him go, the harbour engine sighed. "He'll get what's coming to him," he said.

36 didn't say anything though, he'll show that smelly brother of his.

***

A few minutes later, 36 came rolling into the sidings with a few trucks, he gently stopped, no bumping needed and the trucks were thankful. "I am sorry that self-proclaimed Diesel is causing such havoc on you," 36 said slyly, "it is disrespectful."

The trucks all murmured in agreement. 36 smiled at them all. "I think someone should pay him out," he said.

"RUN HIM OFF THE RAILS!!"

"NO!" snapped 36, "...no... that could seriously hurt someone. But I can give you an idea that can humiliate him without causing any harm."

He then whispered the plan to the trucks. "I'll recommend doing it in the evening," he said, "oh, by the way, don't tell anyone I said this to you."