EIGHT !

chapter eight, banksie

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐘𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘'𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐌𝐏 into with Adam Banks, Cassidy stopped going to her pond, scared that he will be there again and she will see have to talk to him again. She laid in her bed while she read her book, it was snowing outside and a candle was lit up on her desk. She then jumps when a snowball was thrown at her window.

Cassidy groaned, ripping the covers off of her and walking towards her window. When she looked down, she saw Charlie, Averman and Guy snickering. She opened her window only for a snowball to hit her straight in her face.

She heard Averman gasp in fear while Charlie and Guy drop down to the snow and go into a fit of laughter. Cassidy had her eys shut and she aggresively wipes the now melted snow off her face, looking down at Averman with an angered look.

Averman innocently just smiled at her, shrugging his shoulders.

"You are so dead Lester." Cassidy promised, running from her window. She could hear faint screaming coming from him. Once she was outside her house, the trio had already gotten away. Cassidy sighed, stepping out and decided to get a hot chocolate from the nearest cafe. 

She shoved her cold hands in her jacket as she walked to the place. When she arrived, she blew her hot breath onto her hands to warm them up a bit. Her eyes scan the room, only for her smile to falter when she see's Adam Banks doing homework at a booth.

His eyebrows were furrowed which meant that he was frustated. Cassidy felt bad that he was all alone so she sucked it up and walked over to the booth. 

"Do you need help?" She asked him, standing by his table. His blue eyes looked up to see her. Cassidy missed the slight lift his mouth did when he saw her. She was so beautiful, her blue eyes looked even more blue, her cheeks and nose slightly red from the cold, she wore a scarf around her and her hair was braided into two.

Adam was so strucked by her beauty that he completely forgot the reason why she came over here. The boy gulped and looked down at his paper. He had been stuck on question 1 of his Science homework so he nodded his head.

Cassidy didn't waste one second and she sat down across from him, taking off her scarf. "Can I see?" She motions over to his paper which Adam gave it to her with no hesitation. Her eyes read the paper and she smiled.

"Oh, this is really easy." Cassidy said as she grabbed his pencil and wrote down the answer for him. While she wrote it down, she explained the answer to Adam. She explained it better than his Science teacher did. The rest of the time, Cassidy helped him with other homework such as Socials and English and some of math — since she wasn't really good at math.

The two completely forgot about their rivalry. 

Cassidy looked at her wrist, looking at the time before her eyes widen. "Okay, well I have to go." She quickly said, standing up and looking at Adam. 

"Bye!" She quickly said, her cheeks burning and flushed. Adams eyes looked down at the table to see that her scarf was still there. He was quick to grab it and stop her from leaving the cafe. Cassidy turned around, her eyes trailing down at the scarf.

"You forgot it." Adam mumbled, wrapping it around her. Cassidy was taken back, staring at him while he had his eyebrows furrowed, meaning that he was focusing. She just stared at him as he wrapped her in her scarf.

When he wad done, he noticed her staring and his eyes widen, his cheeks turning red. Cassidy did the same and she looked away. The tension was too thick and the silence was too loud.

"I still hate you by the way."