ᴠɪɪ.

𝐊𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈|𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄|𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐈𝐋

𝐊𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈
|𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄|
𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐈𝐋

KIANTI SAT QUIETLY, stuffing a spoonful of cereal in her mouth as she and Shani sat in island chairs, were displayed in their kitchen.

Shani stared at Kianti, a disappointment mixed with the confusion of a look displayed on Keshani's face.

Ever since Kianti got home, she's been silent.

"So you're not going to tell me where you were, Angel?" Shani repeated herself for the tenth time, she wasn't going to let off Kianti's behind without an answer.

"Shani, I was at Asia's house," Kianti answered, looking over at her sister who was staring her down. "You know this."

"No, I do not!" Keshani exclaimed, getting up out of her seat and walking over to the other side of the island. "Since when do we ever lie to each other? I know you weren't there, Kianti. You were supposed to be there until her parents got back, but you weren't."

Kianti eyes traveled to Shani, she stayed silent as a mouse, but on the inside, she was dying.

It was killing her, she didn't like lying to her sister because Shani was right. They rarely ever lie to each other, unless it has to do with a surprise or some sort.

"Because I went to Jayda's house." Kianti lied straight through her teeth, she couldn't keep eye contact with her sister if she was lying in her face, so she watched her soggy fruit loops swim around in the cold milk.

"I thought you stayed with Asia the whole time though?" Shani said in a questionable tone, Kianti bit down on the bottom of her lip, looking up at her sister with nothing but an expression on her face.

"Yeah, but I didn't want to be there with her the last day, so I went to Jayda's house." Kianti corrected her, sighing slightly as she stood up from her seat. "I don't like Asia, she's the opposite of me, and I never seem to get along with her."

"I get that Angel, but you can't leave her like that, you know how she is and the certain guys she hangs around," Keshani said to Kianti, moving out of Kianti's way so she could get to the sink.

"Why not? She's 19, and I wasn't getting paid for it." Kianti mumbled, but Keshani was so focused on trying to find out the solution that she picked up on everything Kianti was saying.

"Since when do you care about money, angel?" Keshani eyebrows furrowed, her arms folding as her face gave off disbelief.

"I'm not saying I do," Kianti turned the sink water on, grabbing the rag off of the sink handle to wash her bowl out. "I'm just saying that she's 19, she doesn't listen to her parents so why would she listen to me anyways? There's no point of watching 'her'"