Chapter 14

Decided to redo this entire chapter. I didn't like the way it turned out. ♥

The Night I drove alone - Citizen

I ran away from you, now look how far I’ve got.
I shared some secrets that I hope you’d keep, 
They’re words that don’t come out.
And I should’ve crashed the car the night I drove alone.
Escape from August cold.

And you talk like someone else.

I ran away from you, and now something's killing me.
You hang me up as a souvenir of what I couldn’t be.
And I should’ve crashed the car when I was all alone.
Escape from all I know.★
▲▲▲▲△▲▲▲▲△△▲▲▲

I held the gun so tightly, my knuckles began to turn white. My naturally tan skin fading from fear and frustration. I willed every cell in my body to pull the trigger. One less criminal in the world right?  But I just couldn't do it.

I let my shoulders slump and pulled the gun away from my face, aiming it lightly at the floor.

"What do I do?" I asked, my desperation coming from my mouth faster than I could stop it. My breathing was irregular, my hands cold and clamy.

"God, if you are above, please tell me what to do." I begged my ceiling. But to No avail. I was given Nothing but silence.

I'm not going to be able to do this, what am I thinking?  I felt disgusted with myself as I layed my fire arm back into it's proper hiding place.

My bed felt unusual, almost foreign as I sat down on it, and as I was about to lay back, another knock came at my door. This one lighter and a lot more loving.

"Tony? " my mom called.

I reentered a standing position as I walked over to my door,unlocking it.

My mother's worried face came into view and she smiled warmly.

"Come down stair mijoh. I miss you" she said.

I felt like an even bigger fool looking down at my mom. If only she knew what I was planning on doing.

"Ill be down in a minute Mom " I replied, mirroring her smile.

She walked back down the hall way and I followed, I knew if I stayed in my room I wouldn't actually ever come down.

"Tony, so glad you're back." Officer Martin bellowed onve we reached the Bottom of the stairs. I gave him an annoyed look as I turned to my mohter.

"Where is jess?" I asked.

"She fell asleep, I just tucked her in for the Night" my mom answered as she took a seat across from Officer Martin.

I followed her, and the entire way I could feel his eyes on me, burning holes through my body, studying my movements closely.

The conversations were casual for the most part. Officer Martin and my mom talked about how things have been going, he threw in a few corny jokes every once in a while and my mom laughed politely. I figured he had forgot Why he'd come here but today just wasn't my day.

"I'm sure your mother told you Why I came today, am I correct? " Officer Martin Said focusing his attention on me all of the sudden.

I was in the middle of a staring match with the porecalin Cat figure my Grandmother gave my mom a few years ago, so being caught off guard I answered with a Clumsy "What?"