The Quarry

Y/n pov

I sit on one of the big rocks by behind the rest of the losers as they tested to see who's loogie when the farthest, i chose to sit this one out.

"Omg that was terrible I win" Richie says laughing at Eddie's who loogie that didn't even make it over the side into the water.

"You won?"Eddie says surprised.

"Yeah"

"Did you see my loogie" Eddie carries on making his normal over dramatic hand gestures.

"That went the farthest it by distance" Richie carries on arguing back.

"Mass it's always been mass"

"What is mass"

"Who cares how far it goes? It matters how cool it looks like it's green to it's white or juicy and fat" Eddie says.

"Yall are gross" I say behind them scrunching my face up.

"Who going first" Bill says. They all just stare down at the water.

I hear some one arriving behind me I look round to see Beverly taking her summer dress of leaving her just bikini on. She runs over to me and drags me towards the cliff edge.

"Jeez well go" Beverly says pulling me of the edge and yelling sissies before we hit the water. When we do I feel the cool water hit my overheated body it felt so relaxing we haven't done something like this in ages.

"WHAT THE FUCK" one of them yells, all of them peering over the edge and looking down at us.

"We just got shown up by a two girls" Richie says "on of them being my very my own sister"

"Jeez get down here" I say.

One at a time all the boys jumped into the water to join me and Beverly. Eddie and Stan screamed the whole way down.

Ben swims right up to Beverly and his face is just inches away from her. He was clearly getting to close.

"Hey y/n I umm wanna ask you do you wanna go out sometime" Ben asks rubbing the back of his neck clearly a little awkward, I don't know why he's awkward.

I swim over to Stanley and get on his shoulders pulling his noodle hair out of his eyes so he could see. Stanley had always been the one I turn to in the group he was probably by best friend, I still haven't built to courage to tell him about my crush on Eddie though. Eddie reaches up to Bill and gets on his shoulders and almost falling of as he does. that leaves Richie to get on Bens shoulders. And Beverly decides to be are judge, she blows her fake whistle and announces the start to round one. We all start to try and get each other of each other's shoulders. I grab onto Richie shoulders and push him down into the water. Now me and Stan just had to get Eddie of Bills. I grab Eddie hands and inter lock my fingers with he's. It just fells so right. Stop it y/n. Eddie manages to get me of Stan shoulders by pushing me of the side of Stans shoulders. Before I can even get to the surface Eddie is pulling me up into a tight hug. I don't know why but in not going to complain.

~~~~1 hour later~~~~

Me and Beverly are sat on my towel bathing in the sun with my radio on. We both turn to each other and agree that the boys are starring at us. We both turn are heads to look and sure enough all of them are starring at use except Richie though he's starring at Beverly. All turn away but Eddie he just keeps looking at me with that beautiful smile.

"Wanna stare some more" We jokingly say. They all start to awkwardly move around and Richie reaches into Bens bag pulling some stuff out.

"New flash Ben schools out for summa" Richie says in a joking tone speaking into his hand like it's some sort of microphone.

"Oh that that's not school stuff" Ben replies grabbing his stuff out his hand.

"Whats with the history project" Eddie asks.

"Oh...well when I first moved here I didn't have anyone to hang out with. So I just started spending time in the library" Ben says slightly embarrassed.

"You went to the library on purpose" riches says genuinely shocked.

"Rich let him be" I say butting in.

I got over to them and sit in the gap next to Eddie and gently place my hand on his. It's a small gesture but it makes him blush like crazy.

"Whats the black spot" Stan asks looking over to all the school stuff.

"That was burned down years ago by a racist cult" Ben says.

"Your hair looks beautiful Beverly" Ben says giving her a smile.

"thanks" Beverly says.

I lean my head on Eddie shoulder and hold his hand.

"Wow Ben calm down you know Beverly and Bill are crazy about each other" Richie says laughing to himself.

"Am not" Beverly says.

"You literally told me you wish she was your girlfriend- shit I want meant to say that was i." Stan said covering his mouth with his hand.

"STANN" Bill shouted. I just ignored them and pretended I didn't hear there pathetic argument.

Beverly reaches over and starts to look at all Bens stuff looking slightly interested.

"Why is it all murders and missing kids" Richie asks Ben trying to change the subject.

"Derry's not like any town I've ever been in before. They did a study once and it turns out people die or disappear six time that national average and that just grown ups kids are way way worse. I've got more stuff if you wanna see it." Ben says looking around at the rest of us.

"No" Eddie says shaking his head.

I grab him hand and pull him up.

"Come on we're going"i say laughing. Everyone starts to grab there stuff and put it in their bags as we leave the quarry.

Total words-1007