Were All Afraid Of Something

Y/n's pov

It's just gone 11 o'clock and everyone has started to turn up to our house. We decided this morning that we would all meet at mine and richies house and we would all go to the park and discuss the strange things we had seen over the past few weeks.

"You ok y/n" Eddie asks placing his hand on my shoulder rubbing his thumb over the cotton of my t shirt.

"I'm good now thanks again Eddie" I say holding his hand on my shoulder.

"Anytime" he says.

"Right let's go" Richie says grabbing the bag of snacks.

We all walk out the front door and grab are bikes scattered on are front yard.

~~~~the park~~~~

"Wait can only virgins see this stuff is that why in not seeing this shit" Richie says squinting at the sun beaming on us.

We don't really know what to say in response to that, we still weren't sure if it was all a dream or a reality. The feeling haven't really set in yet.

"Oh shit that Belch Huggins car" richies say looking over his shoulder to a navy car by the side of the road.

"We should probably get outta here" Eddie says starting to turn away.

"Yeah" I agree.

"what isn't that the home school kids bike" Beverly says pointing over to the bike on the side of the road.

"Yeah that's mikes" i say. "We have to help him"

"We should?" Richie asks.

"Yes" Me and Beverly say, before they could even respond me and Beverly are pushing are way through the weeds following the sounds of pain I the distance. And sure enough Mike us in the floor being held down by Henry who is throwing punches at him while his goons just sit back and watch.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE" I shout. I grab a rock that was by the side of my foot and pick it up throwing it at Henry's head.

"Nice throw" Stan says breathing heavy.

"Thanks" I say.

Mike limps through the water to come and join us. Beverly reached over and helped him back up.

"You losers are trying to hard. They'll do you" he say pointing at me and Beverly . "You just gotta ask nicely like I did" he says grabbing his groin and pulling it up giving us a gross smirk.

"Watch your fucking mouth" I hear Eddie scream as he throws a rock right at Henry's eye.

Everyone keeps grabbing rocks and throwing then back and forth to each other. Henry throws one right at my eye.

"FUCK" I yell holding my eye. That's gunna bruise.

"You ok y/n" everyone says looking at me with concern.

"I'm fine but it's definitely gunna bruise" i say laughing it off.

"ROCK WARRRR" richies yells as vic throws a rock at him hitting his glasses off.

Eddie starts walking closer into the water to get closer.

"Eddie be careful" I call out to him.

Finally after about another 5 minute Henry and his goons retreat and leave us standing there gasping for air.

"GO BLOW YOUR DAD YOU MULLET WEARING ASSHOLE!" Richie shouts flipping Henry of as he turns his back to us.

After the little incident we make are way down a gravel path under the railway.

"Thanks guys but you shouldn't of done that. He'll be after you guys to now" Mike says following behind.

"Oh no no no bowers he's always after us" Beverly says laughing.

"I guess t-that's one t-t-thing we have in common." Bill says.

"Yeah homeschool welcome to the losers club" richie says.

"Hey y/n you ok" Eddie asks slowing down his pace to match mine.

"I'm ok thanks Ed's" I pull him into a big hug. He's honestly the best thing I have right now.

~~~~at the carnival~~~~

A new missing kid poster has been put over Bettys locking her away forever.

"Do you think it will ever end" Stan asks looking at us.

"I actually think it will end for a little while at least." Ben says shrugging his shoulders.

"What do you mean" I ask grabbing a hold of Eddie's hand.

"So I was going over all my Derry research and I charted out all the big events, the ironworks explosion in 1908, the bradly gang in 35, and the black spot in 62, and now kid being...I realised this stuff seems to happen .." Ben says

"Every 27 years" bill says finishing bens sentence for him.

I tighten my grip on Eddie's hand as everyone looks at each other in fear. We make are way over to a calm bench out the way by the side of the park and start to talk about what we've all seen.

"Okay so let me get this straight it comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year and then what it just goes into hibernation" Richie ask.

"I agree it does seem weird how it's every 27 years why 27 years?" Beverly asks looking around at us waiting for us to answer.

"Maybe it's like...what do you call it. Cicadas, You know the bugs that come out once every 17 years" Stan says adding hand gestures for extra effect.

"My grand farther thinks this town is cursed he says that all the bad things that happen in this town are because of on thing and evil thing that feeds of the people of Derry" Mike says.

"But it can't be one thing we all saw different things" I say.

"Maybe or maybe it knows what scares us most and that's what we see" Mike says

"I saw a leper he was like a walking infection" Eddie says making a grossed out face.

"But you didn't because it isn't real none of this is not Eddie's leper or bill seeing Georgie or y/n seeing the clown and us or the woman I keep seeing" Stan says.

"She hot." Richie asks smiling.

"Rich" I say punching him arm.

"No Richie, she's not hot her face is all messed up none of this makes any sense there all like bad dreams" Stan says.

"I don't thinks so I know the difference between a bad dream and real life ok" Mike said.

"What you'd see" Eddie asks.

"You saw something to." Beverly asks carrying on.

"Yes do you guys know that burned down house on Harris avenue I was inside when it burned down before I was rescued my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me they were pushing and pounding on the door trying to get to me. But it was to hot when the firemen finally found them. The skin on their hands had melted down to the bone. We're all afraid of something" Mike said looking down at the floor with a look of defeat.

"Mike in so sorry" I said.

"Got that right" Richie says.

"Why Rich what are you afraid of" Eddie asked.

"Clowns" Rich said.

We all sit there in silence no one really knows what to say this all seems like such a bad dream. Why is it all happening to us? Why did this all start? We all had questions but no one had any answers.

Total words-1215