1

Sigh

Lei ******,

A woman with black hair and dull brown eyes. She was uncertain of who and what she was. The last memory she had was waking up in the middle af the street unconscious whilst holding a poorly written note, which was obviously written in a rush due to the shaky letters and smudged ink.

'Lei ******.

Be not Afraid of you lack of memory. For this note shall be your guide. Most of your memories will probably return in time. As soon as you fully regain consciousness immediately look for your spell book. It is a old leather book with pages filled with important spells that must not fall into the wrong hands. If possible, look for your companion s-'

The rest were burnt and torn off.

Lei stood up and took out the book from her bag. She opened it and let the pages flow from one side to the other until she found the page she wanted. As soon as she stopped her eyes immediately glanced towards the pitch black ink. It wrote 'teleportation' on the top of the page.

Lei traced the symbol on the air and snapped her fingers. The surroundings flashed into a different place. It went from the cold abandoned park to a warm room filled with old books and antiques. Lei headed to the next room, a few noises coming from the wooded floor which was obviously turning older and more frail. Looks like lei will have to renew it soon.

Lei took a cup from the drawer and put it aside. A few coffee beans started floating and crushed itself in the air. It flew to the cup, soon followed by two cubes of sugar and a spoon ammount of creamer. Lei hums a tune that popped up in her head while she heated some water.

As soon as steam entered the air with the smell of boiling water lingered along side it, an "ah" slipped from leis slightly dried lips due to the slight burn she felt from the water. She poured it into the cup as the water swirled with the mixtures of powder. Lei swiftly took a spoon and started stirring.

She took the handle and went back to the previous room. She put the cup on a table and sat down. Covering herself with the blankets that were already on the soft sofa she sat on. She let out a deep breath and grabbed the cup with her two hands letting the heat warm up her cold fingertips.

As she was about to take a sip, the door knocked. Lei ignored it at first, but then another knock came. As she got more irritated and curious on who it was, she stood up and let the blanket slip from her shoulders. She walked to the door and hesitated as soon as she reached for the door knob, a loud explosion came from outside. Lei let out a loud scream and fell down to her knees. The door creaked open, in front of her... It was a boy with dull blue hair that faded to a shade of purple.

He was dead.

Bits of his body were either burning or the flesh was blown off, his dead eyes staring straight to the left. It was a truly horrifying sight. Lei covered her mouth with her hand as her eyes widen in horror. Her face darkened as much as the sky outside. The boy's blood spead across the cold floor. Lei could feel warm fresh tears flowing from her cheeks. Her breath shaking as much as the ground did from the impact of the next few explosions.

She turned away and headed for the back door but she fell in a hole that was never there before. She opened her eyes and it revealed an empty ballroom. Lei wiped the beads of cold sweat falling from her face. "lei? Are you alright?" as lei was about to look up. Her eyelids started to feel heavy. She tried to look at the person but her eyes were shut just after she saw a strand of white hair.

Her eyes shot open again and saw her book. Her ears started to ring which made her flinch. She covered her ears and looked back at where she was looking at from the previous moment. It was Her spell book. The top of the page read;

Project #%{)

Lei squinted her eyes trying to read what project it was, but it only appeared as symbols. Lei glanced at the page number and read it aloud.

Page 664

Lei sprung up from her bed and felt tears gushing down. She wipes them off and gets up. She puts on layers of jackets and took the scarf she was wearing the day she woke up. She wrapped it around her neck and grabbed her spell book from her door. As soon as she reached for the door handle,she remembered the dream... Her eyes widen as she sees a drop of blood placed right where the body was.

She hurriedly locked her door before exiting and stuffed her keys into hor pocket. She paced through a street and looked for some bench and opened her book to try and find the page, But...

It was ripped off.

As soon as she looked away from her book, she was rushing towards someone, and before she could slow down or stop. She already fell to the floor from the impact.

"argh-" lei groaned. She opened her eyes and watched a snowflake gracefully fall onto her red nose. "hey, you okay?" the person asked. "Ah- im so sorry!" lei apologized hurriedly getting up. "woah- calm down Rudolph, why are you in such a rush?" the stranger giggled. "Rudolph?.." lei muttered. "I- nevermind.." they sighed. "I was planning on getting some coffee alone today, but since you're here... Wanna come with me?" the stranger grinned. "sure.. Why not" lei agreed.

-

"I thought you were getting coffee..." lei muttered. " The hot chocolate here is amazing, argue with the wall." the stranger said sarcastically. "plus, why are you drinking iced coffee, In the middle of the ice cold winter?" the stranger remarked. "... Anyways i never got your name-" "DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT- it's kaia" 'kaia' introduced herself. "Lei" lei said taking a sip from her iced coffee. "don't you have a last name?" kaia asked walking to the exit with lei. "says you..." lei argued. "Touché." kaia agreed.

They walked around talking about stuff, trying to know each other, etc. "hey what's that book about?" kaia pointed to lei's spell book. "ah..." lei muttered. "spell book' huh didn't know you were into that kind of stuff" kaia said. "ah yeah.." lei whispered. "hey, i know this is out of the ordinary but... Do you believe in like... Actual magic" kaia asked in a serious tone stopping in her tracks. "what.. I don't get it?.." lei awkwardly replied slowing down. "you know.. Like teleportation, mind control.." kaia counted. "ah.. Haha funny i guess.." lei fake laughed. "lei.. I'm serious." kaia said looking straight at lei's eyes.

"I- kinda? I guess.." lei muttered. "ah. I see" kaia replied before continuing to walk. "hey.. What if i told you something crazy?" kaia asked. "what is it?..." lei gulped.

"what if i told you I know actual magic? Would you believe me?"

"..." lei stayed silent. "of course.. im just kidding, you should've seen your face" kaia grinned. "ah haha..." lei laughed. Kaia started to slow down, that made lei confused, and suspicious... When they had atleast 3 meters of distance, lei stopped.

Sigh. "You know don't you?" lei muttered to kaia, who was pointing a gun at the back of her head. "i could sense your horrifying amount of mana ever since you let your guard down, mage." kaia spat. "man..to think we could've been friends" lei spat back. Lei teleports behind kaia and touches her with a mana draining spell. Kaia collapses to the ground as the lack of mana reveals her true self, Her elf form.

Her ears slowly fading to a pointy one. A