6 ❦ dangerous, sexy and mysterious

༺❦༻

I made my way towards the cafeteria, a place I usually avoided during morning break. But today, hunger gnawed at my stomach, and I hadn't packed any breakfast due to my mother's rushed insistence that I hurry up and leave.

Her constant orders grated on me. I grabbed a sandwich and a drink, offering a quick thanks to the lunch lady, who was always kind to everyone.

Turning around, disaster struck. A hot liquid splashed onto my white sweater, instantly staining it. "Fuck! Watch where you're going, idiot," a girl hissed at me, joined by laughter from her friends as they walked away.

Cheeks burning, I wished the ground would open up and swallow me. I tried to wipe off the soup stains with tissues and then hurried out of the cafeteria. How would I get rid of these stains? I had no spare clothes and definitely couldn't walk around in this state.

I rushed to my locker, hoping to find a spare shirt inside. No luck.

Distressed, I walked through the hallway, lost in my thoughts. Suddenly, Mr. Voss appeared, heading towards his classroom without noticing me.

My heart sank. If he turned and saw me like this, what would I even say? Would he notice the stain?

As he unlocked the classroom door, Mr. Voss looked up and greeted me calmly, "Morning, Miss Hayes."

"Good morning, sir," I replied, trying to hide the stain behind the pair of books from my locker.

"Did you study for the test today?" he asked.

Test? I hadn't even known about it. "Uhm... I didn't have time to study the whole book, but I know some things," I awkwardly admitted.

Mr. Voss ushered me inside. "Have some faith. I'm sure you'll do great."

I followed him into the classroom, feeling out of place. When he noticed me still standing, he raised an eyebrow, "Any further questions, Miss Hayes?"

I cleared my throat, unsure of what to say. "No, sir, I don't think so."

Mr. Voss sat down, checking the time. "Class doesn't start until 10, so you're a bit early. Feel free to sit down if you'd like."

Glancing around at the empty chairs, I hesitated. I didn't want to appear awkward or foolish in his presence, but I also didn't want to wander the school alone.

"Thank you, sir. I hope you don't mind," I said with a tentative smile.

He shook his head, "Of course not, go ahead."

As he looked me over for a moment, a warmth settled within me. From that fleeting glance, I felt oddly special, as if I mattered to him in some small way.

"What happend to your sweater?" he asked as he twisted a pen in his hands.

I looked down in embarrassment and say. "It was a small accident, someone dropped soup on it. But It was my fault, I didn't pay attention to my surroundings."

He furrowed his brows "Oh. Well that doesn't look nice. Do you have an extra shirt with you?" he asked and I shook my head.

He thinks for a minute and then stands up from his chair looking inside his bag. My eyes wandered through his rolled up sleeves and I couldn't help noticing the popping veins that surfaced his strong arms. Oh my, there is something so hot about them.

"Here, I hope this is good enough. You can change in the bathroom." he hands me a thick black sleeved shirt and I could swear our hands touched as I took it from him.