winter gift

It was cold. Really cold. As May breathed out she could see her warm breath fogging up in the freezing air. It was an odd sight, yet it was trusting and familiar. Like winter had just begun. Like that one nice time of the year finally began again. May loved the winter.

Except... she had been a bit dumb this morning; no, not dumb, but she could've saved herself from being all cold. That's when the flashbacks of that morning flashed by her eyes.

May pulled open her closet, her gaze rolling across all the clothes she had. May was aware it was going to be cold, so she wanted to put something comfortable on. Except .. she had already worn all of her nicest clothes and now they were being washed. And those other, heavy, tight and thick uncomfortable clothes was the least she wanted to wear.

She ran her hand through her hair in frustration, thinking of what she could do. She had no choice but to pull her usual clothes on that she would wear whenever it wasn't cold. They were comfortable, so that was probably the best option. So she went with her old, comfortable yet not too thick clothes for this kind of weather.

She snapped back to reality. Once she looked forward she could see all of the cute lights and lanterns shine through the streets. She was in the city, hoping to buy some gifts for her new- and older friends. Yet, she was shivering in the cold, regretting the decision she had made earlier in the morning. She wrapped her arms around herself to bring herself warmth and comfort.

She looked ahead, to the left, her gaze falling right on a cutesy, tiny shop whose front was designed with mistletoes and christmas lights. It wasn't christmas yet, but people seemed to love putting on decorations earlier. The decorations around the shop spoke loudly to her, so she was rather curious and wanted to check out all that she could find there. She walked into the shop, immediately being greeted by a woman with cozy clothes on. She smiled warmly.

Just when she entered she could feel the warm air inside the shop bristle against her skin. She loved warmth, opposite of all that was outside. She curiously glared around herself. There were cute teapots, christmas decorations, comfortable blankets and clothes.. basically what she wished she had earlier this morning. She let out a groan, although all she could see was pretty.

Across the little shop, nearby where a woman was standing, was an open closet full of pretty scarves. One red spotted, the other with a green and red pattern, and much other, unique scarves with eyepleasing colours. She walked towards the closet, as she playfully stuck her hand through the collection of scarves. Her eyes fell on a particular scarf. It was green, with bright, red roses on them. She pulled up the scarf.

Right then her old green haired rival entered her mind - Drew. He had a roselia, and gave roses out to her often. Whenever seeing roses, she couldn't help but think of Drew. A rose was a symbol for sharing love and affection, wether it was meant in platonic ways or not. She just associated roses with Drew for some reason, and, honestly, she liked it.

She could buy it for drew, May thought, whilst glaring down at the scarf she had put in her hand carefully. Would he like it? He probably would. She came to the decision to end up buying the scarf. By all means, why not? It was cold and she could pull the conclusion that, maybe, he would need a new one. She didn't know exactly what Drew could and couldn't afford.

She bought the gift and walked back out, her skin immediately meeting the cold air again. She shivered, but let out a light chuckle. She hated herself for being so stupid to think that she would be able to survive such a day. The sun had set already and the sky was dark blue, while stars bloomed in the sky. It was a little cloudy, but she couldn't see if any more clouds would be coming.

'May?' She heard a rather familiar voice. With her packed in scarf in a box she turned around to look back, just to face Drew who was standing in front of a shop with some warm noodles. She felt her mouth drool as she walked over to the stand, probably giving Drew the feeling she was about to sprint towards him. '..May?' Drew gasped again, as May opened up her arms.