Cheng Xiao: Drunk in Love

⚠️They're in a bar again, though nothing bad happens, but just in case, it's a warning that I have to give you guys⚠️

"Hey! How's it going Mr. Gu?"

I quickly sit up from my bed as I see Mr. Gu passing by my room. He seems a bit off but he responds quickly afterwards.

"Hey Miss Xiao! I'm doing fine, how are you?"

I nod and smile.

"I'm doing very well actually! I just posted a picture on Instagram."

I look back at my phone and see that people are already commenting on my picture.

'Where's the teacher?'

'Where'd your handsome prince go?'

'When are you coming back?'

'You do know that we all know you are faking it, right?'

That last comment... it was from Ning Fang

"Hey Mr. Gu, where is Mr. Xu?"

He gives me a puzzled look for a second then his face lights up.

"He went out for a walk. I don't know when he's cominng back. Why?" He asks with an evil smirk.

I roll my eyes. This guy gets way too comfortable with people way too soon.

"I just needed to ask him something. I'll ask him later. I actually also want to take a walk. Don't follow me! I want to be alone."

I get up and put on a light jacket. I walk out my room and start walking towards the door. Yan Yan suddenly stops me.

"You don't know this place, should I go with you Miss?"

I think about it for a minute, and I know that I want to be alone. I shake my head no and leave the house. But now I feel lost.

Where should I go? I don't know this place, Yan Yan was right! I shouldn't have gone out. Oh well! I guess I can just walk around and see what I find.

I walk around for a while and find a nice small restaurant. It seems like it's a bar/restaurant.

I should stay on the restaurant side for my own safety.

I order some ramen and wait for it to be given to me. I look around and see a similar jacket that Mr. Xu wears.

Hey that jacket looks EXACTLY t⁷he same! Haha, and that hair style is also the same. And... that face... looks like... Mr. Xu???

I stand up and walk to the barrier between restaurant and bar. I look really carefully at the guy, and it is definitely Mr. Xu.

Should I go say hi to him? Or should I watch over him and hope he is okay? He seems like he's drinking a ton, which means he's going through something.

I walk back to my seat. I decide I'm going to stay seated for a while.

After a few minutes, my ramen is served. I start eating and don't pay much attention to Mr. Xu. THAT was a crucial mistake.

I finish my ramen quickly, only to turn around, and not see Mr. Xu in his chair anymore.

Dang it! Where did he go?!? He couldn't have gone far right? Not in his state!

I pay for my food and quickly leave. I run out the bar/restaurant and head towards the street.

No one! Dang it! How dumb am I? I should've kept my eye on him.

"You saw that drunk guy? Ha! He was talking about loving someone he can't love or something."

I hear that and run up to those two women.

"Excuse me, that man that you guys saw, was he very tall? And... he had a black leather like jacket?"

They stop to think for a minute.

"Hmm, he was very tall, probably taller than 6 feet! I think he was wearing a leather jacket, yea..." I nod my head and ask again.

"Could you please point the way where he approximately was? It would be of much help!"

One of the women points towards an alley in a dark corner. I get frightened immediately.

I don't know this place. Can I be sure I'll be ok? Maybe I should ask these ladies if they can come with me! But that would make me look bad. I should face it myself, or else I'd look like a weakling. Someone who can't take care of herself. I'm Cheng Xiao!

I start walking towards that alley slowly.

I don't really feel safe but I won't just turn around and leave Mr. Xu alone in the middle of the night. Plus, in his drunken state, I can't predict what he might do.

I finally reach the alley and look carefully before taking any further steps. I see a man. I only see one man, and he's awfully tall.

Just like Mr. Xu!

I find a bit of courage to keep on walking.

At least I know this might be him. This height that this man has puts me at ease. It's not easy to find extremely super tall people. Not like Mr. Xu at least!

Suddenly the man turns around. I get jump scared, but see it was Mr. Xu!

"Mr. Xu! Mr. Xu! Are you alright? Come on! Let's get you back home!"

With a smile I make him walk out the alley. But then he says something unexpected. Something out of the blue. Something that I didn't expect to make me feel like I just fell in love.

"I like you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Haii guyss, howve you guys been? I hope you've been wel and ur all healthy and safe. Well im pretty busy at the moment but guess who finished this chapter at 3:30 am??? Who could it be? 🤭 well guyss cya next week! Baiii 💕