999

Nicole

"Excuse me?" I asked again, looking at him in complete disbelief and simply needing him to clarify his words.

Nothing could've prepared me for those words if I'm being honest. Him not being ready for marriage was one thing but not being sure about me was a first.

I'd never heard him say that.

"You're not sure about me?" I repeated what he'd said and awaited the clarification as he sighed heavily to himself, looking away from me now.

"Since when, Gianni?"

"Yo-" He started but stopped, still not looking at me now as he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out his phone out.

I stood there in complete shock and my heart began to ache as he looked at his phone screen and not at me. It was as if he was checking for something else and not even worried about me before he shoved it back into his pocket.

"Where is all of this coming from?"

"I've never heard you say this before."

"So you're not sure that you want to marry me at all now?" I went on asking and he looked down into my eyes before he looked away from me again and shook his head.

"Aight—"

"Nah, fuck that."

"I didn't mean that lame ass shit." He started but stopped but I put my hand up, cutting him off.

I couldn't hear that now, he needed to stand on what he'd just said to me. My mind was already all over the place now and I was beginning to overthink.

"No."

"No, Gi." I shook my head frantically.

"You just told me that you're not sure about me."

"Baby, that's news to me. You've never said this before." I took a step away from me as he reached out for me but I snatched away completely.

I was so hurt in this moment because if there was anything that I was sure of, it was definitely him. Husband or not, I was sure of my man and to know that the feelings weren't mutual after everything we'd been through, I couldn't even think in this moment.

Four years of what? For him to still just not be sure?

"Take me home, Gi." Was all I could say as I tried to walk out of the room and he tried to grab me again but I snatched away for a second time.

"Stop!" My voice cracked as I tried my hardest not to cry but it was no use as tears fell from my eyes.

"Aight, cuh."

"Real shit, I'm not even fuckin' with that."

"Stop crying. I'm only fuckin' with you, Nic—" He went on speaking seriously to me now as he grabbed me roughly, pulling me into him.

"No because you've never said something like this, Gianni."

"You don't even play like that. At all."

"And I know that shit, baby, I fucked up just now saying that to you." He tried to cop his plea.

"But I had to, I was just trying to—"

"Get off of me, Gianni." I pushed him away as hard as I could and he let me go with a deep sigh before I instantly made my way out of the room.

"Baby." He called after me but I wasn't listening to him at all anymore.

I couldn't take this shit right now.

Making my way downstairs, I was so distraught as tears rolled down my face. I hadn't even realized that there was balloons now, food and everyone seemingly setting up for something.