Chapter 1

Four years have passed since the imprisoning of Celestia in the moon and Nightmare Moon has used every second of it to secure her reign over Equestria. She was currently sitting in her throne watching as the mare she hired was changing out tapestries in her castle which she had fixed up due to the one in Canterlot being accidentally destroyed during a massive storm. "Be careful with those tapestries mare, if you damage them even a little bit you will be in big trouble." Said Nightmare Moon. After she said that a purple unicorn wearing a blue vest with her hair in a professional way. "Aww, Twilight, have the people of Manehattan finally agreed to serve me?" Asker Nightmare smirking. "Yes your majesty, so have the people of Winneapolis." Said Twilight as she bowed to her queen. "Good, now I can have the beast master stop torturing their supply chains with beasts." Said Nightmare as she was about to send a message. "I already took care of that Queen, I also took care of some figures who were slinking around outside, now if I remember correctly you have some more royal duties you must attend to." Said Twilight as she pulled out a scroll of duties the Queen either had to do herself of had to approve of for someone else to do.

Nightmare looked down at Twilight as she read off a few of the items on the long list of duties for the night. "Alright let's start with that one." Said Nightmare as she heard Twilight mention that general Dash had captured yet another one of the rebels. Twilight nodded and led Nightmare to the dungeons where General Rainbow Dash was waiting. "Dash, you have captured a rebel?" Asked Nightmare. "Yes your majesty, and it's not just any rebel, but may I request that Twilight not be permitted to this rebels identity." Asked Dash as she looked at their confused faces. "Request denied, now spill it." Said Nightmare as Twilight had access to the dungeons so it wouldn't matter even if she wasn't permitted to hear she could just come later. Dash sighed. "Very well, the rebel was one of our other generals, General Armor." Said Dash to which Twilight used her magic to teleport inside the dungeon so she could see for herself that this was a joke, however it wasn't, there in the magic blocking section of the dungeon was none other then her older brother and former head general in Nightmare's forces Shining Armor. Twilight couldn't believe her eyes as she saw her brother there not even looking like he'd done something wrong.

"Shining, what ... please tell me this is a misunderstanding." Said Twilight as she was having a hard time believing this. "I'm sorry Twily, but Nightmare Moon does not deserve to be queen, we must bring back Celestia, and as a Crown Guard it is my duty to see to it that she is returned." Said Shining Armor as he approached the bars. "No, didn't she tell you the truth about the past, she is the victim not Celestia." Said Twilight as she was beginning to tear up a bit. "I'm sorry sis, but she lied to you, and as your big brother and best friend forever, I urge you to try and see past her lies and make the right decision." Said Shining Armor as he looked down at her knowing she was just mislead and that he may be able to save her from Nightmares grip. "If only that we're true." Said Nightmare as she chose now to step into the light.