Prologue

It was getting close to the Summer Moon Celebration and Nightmare Moon was standing out on her terrace looking out over her eternal night realm. She took in a deep breath of the fresh cool night air and smiled. "I think it is about time I hired a royal advisor, maybe that unicorn who I imprisoned due to her loyalty to Celestia would make a good one." She said smiling as she began heading down to the dungeons. She noticed she had a lot of ponies who could be of some use once they were properly trained to suit her needs as she walked to the magic blocking cells and came upon Celestia's prize pupil Twilight Sparkle. "Hello Ms. Sparkle, I have come to make a proposition." Said Nightmare Moon as she opened the cell doors and placed a magic blocking ring around her horn. "Why should I help you." She said annoyedly while keeping her cool. "Because I am not the bad guy here, I am the victim." She said as she began to tell Twilight the truth behind the story of what actually happened in the past and as she said each word she could see the belief beginning to form in Twilights eyes. After her story had ended Twilight thought about it and nodded her head. "Very well, I will be your royal advisor my queen." She said before bowing down to her new queen and teacher.