Chapter 5

Twilight decided to put the book away until she had more information and then looked back in the box. She found a letter marked with the sun insignia. "Wait, that can't be possible." She said as she grabbed it and ran to go find Nightmare Moon. When she got to the castle they said Nightmare was currently asleep and this made Twilight nervous as she wasn't sure how to do this, it was urgent but her queen hated being woken. Twilight decided to go anyway and so she walked into her queens room. "Nightmare Moon I know you hate being woken but this is urgent." Said Twilight. "Twilight this better be important." She said as she got up. "I don't know who sent it but I just received an anonymous package with a weird magical book and this letter but the letter has your sisters insignia on it." Said Twilight as she handed the letter to Nightmare. Nightmare looked at it. "Ms. Sparkle, please go alert the guards to step up security for the festival, I have a bad feeling somethings gonna happen." She said as she began looking through the letter which apparently had been meant for her so whoever sent it knew Twilight would bring it to her and so she read it. Twilight was out looking for the guards to organize things when someone shot past her at lightning speed. "Hey get back here!" She yelled at who she thought was an intruder.

As Twilight chased down the intruder she heard a guard gasp in shock. When she rounded the corner she growled angrily. "Rainbow!!" She snapped. Rainbow Dash a pegasus who was on trial to become a guard was there. "What is this about." Said Twilight as she looked at the guard and Rainbow. "I was testing this recruit on her time responses, I did not mean for you to get caught up in her trial." Said the pony. "Fine, but Rainbow you're on sky duty for a week and you, go double the guards security details as there may be a threat during the festival." She said to him. "Yes Ms. Sparkle consider it done." He said and was about to fly off with Rainbow. "Hold it Rainbow." Said Twilight making her groan and stay put. "If you truly wish to speed up your trial to becoming a leatherback guard, you can run an errand for me." Said Twilight. "Oh my gosh, thank you Ms. Sparkle, what is it?" She asked smiling. "I need you to fly to Ponyville and fetch Rarity, she is needed for the festival, do that and I will promote you to get your leather wings but you will also be assigned to a more distinguished guard as a role model and mentor." She said. Rainbow smiled and hugged Twilight before flying off quickly heading towards Ponyville.

Twilight rolled her eyes at Rainbows energy. "Time to go investigate that weird book." She said as she left heading back to her tower however when she got there, there was a note on her door from her queen saying to get some rest as she needed Twilight at full power in the morning. Twilight decided she'd listen to her queen and went to go sleep. That night while Twilight got her rest her dreams took a weird form.

(In her dream)

"Let's see what book do I want to read." Said Twilight as she looked through her library. "How about a book to reveal the truth." Said a voice Twilight never heard. When she turned around she saw her queen but she looked ... different. "Who are you." Said Twilight. "I am Luna the true princess of the night not that parasite that is flaunting around as the queen." Said Luna. "I don't know who you are but you need to leave my dreams especially if you're going to badmouth and disrespect the queen." Said Twilight as she tried to blast Luna. Luna stopped it and angrily pinned her. "Listen you whelp, I am the true princess and I need you to help me get my body back, if you really want proof though go to Nightmares chambers and find the family album, it'll show me and not her and have proof that she's evil." Said Luna only for the dream to fade.

(Back in the real world)

Twilight shot up breathing heavily as she tried to shake that dream or nightmare out of her head. "That was ... weird, just a weird dream, it isn't possible." She said shaking her head as she went and got herself dressed up and used magic to do her hair before leaving.