1

*Exlipse is pronounced Eclipse. It was a typo I ran with a long time ago.*
He sat alone.
Where was his friend? He didn't know.
Red dust was scattered about the room. It flickered and sparked every so often.
He was covered in it. It was itchy and gross. He needed a shower, but didn't have the energy to get up and take one.
He stared at the half eaten loaf of bread next to him. He sighed, picked it up, and shoved it in his mouth, forcing himself to eat.
He was already thin, and he didn't exactly want to die.
But no food seemed appetizing.
His wings, formerly purple, were now a dull gray. They ached. He hadn't used them in a while.
The door to the bedroom burst open. He screeched and raised a hand to shield his eyes from the sudden blast of light, backing up against the bed.
"Grian?"
He looked up. That voice. That familiar voice.
There he was. Suit and tie. His face looked funny. He had a big, fluffy mustache. Grian stared at it.
The new person carefully walked forwards, as though Grian was a frightened animal. Which, in part, he was.
"It's me..."
Grian laughed a little. Silly man, of course he knew it was him! Him! Him... what was he... his name was... Mum.
"hi mum"
Mum blinked. "Um- yeah sure. Come on, Grian. Let's- I'm gonna come take you to meet a friend of mine!"
Grian narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "I'm your friend."
"Oh- of course you're my friend! You're my very best friend. This is just another friend of mine." Mum said.
"Oh." Grian thought for a moment. He figured he could accept that.
"Can you walk?" Mum looked concerned.
"Yeh-" Grian tried to stand up but immediately fell back over. Mum caught him.
"Alright. I'll carry you. Why... why don't you just go to sleep for now?"
Grian nodded. That sounded like a good idea. Sleep. He needed sleep. When was the last time he had gotten sleep?
He slept in Mum's arms, cradled like a little baby.

---

Mumbo looked down at the bird boy. He hadn't shaved- or showered- in a while. Or changed. Or... anything, really. Mumbo sighed. Grian had probably just sat there, only getting up for the necessities. Getting food, water, and... getting rid of that food and water. Basic things.
Grian's clothes were tattered.
How long had he been here, Mumbo wondered?
How long had he let his friend's sanity... dissolve?
A pang of guilt hit Mumbo's heart. He swallowed down his tears.
That one lady- Exlipse. She could help. She had led him to Grian- she could heal him.
Hopefully.