You're All I Need

After the gifts we were all sitting down to dinner and I smiled as I felt Nick's hand on my thigh under the table.

"So Harmony, what do you do for a living?" Leonard asked.

"I'm the event planner for Macy's in New York." I said and they all looked at me confused.

"So what exactly do you do?" Shannon asked.

"Oh well basically just um...well...basically I set up for all holidays in the store. I go over all the plans and make sure everything is al done and set up." I said.

"That sounds...interesting." Shannon said not sounding impressed. Nick gently squeezed my thigh.

"It's not just that, come on tell them your main job..." Nick said and I sighed.

"I don't like bragging Nick." I whispered to him.

"Fine, I will." Nick said and I sighed. "Harmony is being modest about her job. She actually oversaw the entire Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. She made sure it ran smoothly." Nick said and everyone looked in shock.

"That's amazing Harmony." Perry said and I smiled at him.

"Thank you. It was my first big event with the company and I was so nervous." I said and everyone gave a small laugh.

"Well we watch it every year and I must say it was very good." Leonard said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said. Everyone continued with their conversations, mostly asking about Nick's tour.

"How did you two meet?" Annalise finally asked. I smiled at Nick.

"He was my neighbor when I moved to New York and decided to play his trumpet in the middle of the night keeping me away." I said and everyone gave a small laugh.

"You're not from New York?" Perry asked.

"Oh no I'm from Boston. I had the interview with Macy's so when I got the job I moved." I explained.

"Nick...didn't you help someone from Boston a few months ago get around New York?" Shannon asked and I sighed.

"I did...we aren't talking about that mom." Nick said.

"Oh come on, have you heard from her lately? How is she doing?" Shannon asked.

"She is actually doing fine. She is at home with her stepson and husband, my brother, Michael Dalton." I said and everyone looked at me in shock. I looked at Nick after I explained.

"May I be excused?" I asked and he sighed but nodded. "Excuse me." I said getting up and leaving the table.

***NICK POV***

I watched Harmony walk out of the dining room and groaned.

"Mom, really?" I asked.

"What? How was I supposed to know?" Shannon asked.

"You didn't but why even bring it up? I mean come on. What are you guys playing at on this trip? Separate rooms, no gifts for her, the gala when neither of have clothes for. I just don't get this at all. I bring her here, she is nervous enough and no one is making her feel welcome at all." Nick said and everyone just went silent.

"Listen, I think I'm just tired from the drive. I'm going to say good night to Harmony then I'm going to bed." Nick said getting up.

"Separate rooms Nick." Shannon said as Nick walked away

***HARMONY POV***

I was sitting on the bed just looking at my suitcase and knowing I could easily leave since we had my car. I didn't want to leave Nick though.

"Making a break for it? I wouldn't blame you." I heard his voice say and I sighed looking up at Nick.

"No lie, yeah I was." I said as Nick came and sat next to me and took my hand. I placed my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry I snapped like that. I mean how did your mom even know?" I asked and Nick sighed.

"She called me the next morning and I just talked about it." Nick said and I just half nodded.

"Right...Brooke is everywhere..." I said and Nick sighed.

"She isn't her now. I'm with you and you're all I want." Nick said as I looked up at him. I smiled as he leaned in and passionately kissed me. "I'm going to go upstairs and get ready for bed. Keep the door unlocked so I can get in later." Nick said and I giggled.

"You always sneak into the room when the girlfriends stayed over?" I asked and Nicked groaned.

"You are the only girlfriend I had stay here." Nick said and I smiled at him. I kissed him again.

"So see you soon?" I asked.

"You bet." Nick said and I smiled. He left the bedroom and I decided to take a quick shower and get ready for bed.

🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺

I was laying in bed just looking at the ceiling. I looked at the clock and it was midnight already and no Nick. I rolled to my side and got comfortable and drifted off to sleep. I felt the bed dipping behind me and I looked at the clock it was 12:30.

"Took you long enough Nicholas." I said and he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me right against him.

"My mother wasn't going to sleep." Nick said and we gave a small laugh. I rolled over and looked at him. He leaned in and passionately kissed me.

"Thank you so coming down here." I said and Nick smiled placing a hand on my cheek.

"Nowhere else I would rather be. I love you." Nick said.

"I love you too." I said and we drifted off to sleep quickly in each other's arms