Love is a fairy tale

Zheyuan POV

Zheyuan POV

I have not been a believer of fate. But now I am.

To say I'm new in relationships is incorrect. I have been through several relationships since high school. The longest one I kept was right before I debuted as Xiao Yu'er. The same story of non-celeb dating a celeb. I was so busy and we finally decided it was better off to be just friends.

I stayed single ever since I was 21. Five years of dedicating my life to acting. I didn't even think it was possible to start anything with anyone, so I maintained my distance with all my co-stars.

Perhaps, the closest person who got to me was Landi. But I was just a kid then. We were playful and yes, we had some feelings but they died down as the drama concluded.

I asked myself 'the' question tonight. Do I still have feelings for Shen Yue?

It has been a year since we started filming Mr. Bad, four months since I last saw her in person and should I even count the two livestreams we had?

She knows I had a crush on her. Well, she was Chen Xiao Xi, every boy's ideal. Who doesn't like Chen Xiao Xi?

But what I didn't expect is.....I have grown to like every bit of her. Including her lack in the "coquettish" department - I can easily make up for that. She treats everyone with warmth and there was always laughter at the set. I loved discussing the script with her. I stole every possible moment to know her better.

Ever since coming back from Keep Running, I couldn't stop thinking about her. It is frustrating. It also frustrates me that she said the same thing to me when we parted.

"Xiao Chen, this might be the last time we will ever meet in our lifetime."

Darn, girl. I wanna see you again. I had wanted to say that but I smiled faintly instead. "Shen Yue, you're gonna eat your own words."

She laughed. I knew she was trying to friendzone me and I ain't gonna let that happen.

So, what will happen after this? Do I ask her out? Do I tell her how I feel? Do I just allow my feelings to simmer down until it's gone?

The truth is I still had residual feelings for her after filming. I went home for Chinese New Year break , but at the back of my mind, I was wondering what she was doing. I didn't text her. I didn't want my feelings to grow.

After the break, I went back to work and filmed Chinese Paladin 4 till mid-June. It was good. I didn't have time to think.

But it all came back during the interviews and photoshoot in June. Why must she look so radiant like sunshine all the time?

I am not regretting going to KR. In fact, now I can see, I am very clear about one thing.

I like her.

I do not want to waste this moment. It's okay if she doesn't return my affections, I am happy just being with her. She does not need to reciprocate my feelings. Since when am I this generous?

I have always been the person who wants to break down the mountain and see what is behind it. bring me challenges and I will overcome it. The worse part about being human is living a life full of regrets.

An actress in Japan was treated really nicely by her co-star during their filming. After they completed the work, they parted ways and the man never confessed his feelings for her. Later, she married an older man and had children. When she met her co-star again, he treated her formally, unlike before when they were single and he missed the opportunity.

As long as I stay true to myself, give her space to reciprocate (or not), I will forever support her and be her NO. 1 fan.

"Jason" I turned to speak. "Has Shen Yue arrived at Beijing?"

"She is still here."

My eyes opened wide. "What? Why?"

"She was stopped at immigration. I heard from Tonton that she has another event on 9th so she will be staying here."

My heart jumped. is this fate? the corner of my lips started turning upwards. I clasped my hand. "Jason, check my work schedule and find the day I can get off early."

I know that exasperated look on my assistant's face. I grinned. "I know I have full load but there is something important I really need to do."

"If you are meeting Yue-jie...."

"Jason, when did you become so smart?" I cannot stop grinning.

My little assistant scratched his head and smiled. "I will arrange for you."

I really cannot believe I am doing this. I will text her tomorrow. God must be on my side. What are the chances she is still in Xiamen? If this was not fate, what do you call it?

___________

Missing them both.  Please pardon my grammatical mistakes. I didn't proofread this one!

SSG (16.11.2022)