Chapter 7

Be forewarned it is a bit of a downer chapter :-(

It had been several weeks now and Stacy and Paul had been chatting , seeing and getting to know each other and becoming more familiar with each other's habits ,thoughts , and feelings.

The word was out around town that Stacy had a new man in her life and that he was hot!

Needless to say Chris was not a happy camper and questioned her every time he had to pick up the kids , talk to her on the phone about the kids , or ran into her around town.

She would just laugh to herself and mentally stick her tongue out at him and think good serves you right for being such a douche bag!

When she interacted with Paul she always had that giggly little girl , high school butterfly feeling but at the end of the day when she was alone she got inside her head too much and the old daemons came home to rest inside her brain.

She had an overwhelming sense of not being good enough. Maybe if she lost some more weight , she dressed better , looked hotter she wouldn't have lost her husband to another woman.

She liked Paul but after all he was just acting right? I mean she was paying him to say and do the right things to get back at Chris and so people wouldn't see what she felt like a total loser.

Stacy raised the wine glass to her lips agin and sipped the ice cold Pino Grigio as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

I mean who but a loser had to pay a man to like her , right she thought.

In the two years her and Chris had been broken up not one guy found her interesting , not one date had she had .

The phone ringed again for the fourth time that day and she looked at it sadly knowing in her heart it was Paul and he was calling again.

I just can't today, because when I am with him I forget that it isn't real I forget he is just some fantasy man that I am paying to do and say everything that I want , that I have to pay for a good looking man to like me.

The sting of that last thought burned her through her heart and a fresh wave of tears stung her eyes.

She poured another glass of wine and ignored the phone as it rang again and disturbed the silence of the house.

Where the hell is she?! Paul thought

She had been acting funny the last few dates they had kind of distant , and a little bit distracted but he thought maybe it was just stuff going on with the kids.

Now unable to get in touch with her for a few days after leaving several voicemails , which have been ignored not only had him worried but dam mad as well!

He knew he wasn't her boyfriend and she didn't know him any explanation but he thought at the least they were friends after all this time , and he cared for her more so then he wanted to admit to himself which scared him quite frankly .

A nagging thought occurred to him maybe she met someone else? Or maybe she got back together with that creep of an ex husband?

The thought made him very upset but angry at the same time.

If either of those things had happened the least she could do was tell him so he could stop wasting his time and look like some sort of love struck fool!

"Well dam her if she won't answer me the. I am going over there a demand an explanation!"

The door slammed behind him as he headed out into the blazing sunshine and hopped into his blue 2009 Mustang GT with the twin white stripes running down the hood and revved the engine angrily , and the black tires squealed leaning twin black marks in the driveway.