Chapter 2

Just so you know, the boys come in at the end of the chapter!

Chapter 2

*Charlie's POV*

We walked into the undergroud ring and it was like nothing I had ever seen before. Finding it was kind of hard though. We had to go to an abandoned wearhouse and then go under it. It was... like a dream. There were huge white walls that were bigger than the outside made it look. It was a fairly big room with a boxing ring in the middle.  There were no chairs. Spectators just stood around the ring and cheered their favorite boxer on. It was amazing. When we got in the room we found or way to the back were a huge guy was standing. He was in all black, head to toe. He was big, chunky, tall, and bald.

"Name?" He asked us in a harsh, low voice.

"Uhh, Lizzie Swanson." I knew I had forgotten to tell Sadie why I did this, but I gave her a look so she new not to bring it up.

When we got to a small room with my fake name plastered on the door Sadie shut it and abruptly said "What the heck was that? I'm pretty sure your name isn't Lizzie Swenson."

"I said Swanson. And no, it's obviously not my name. These things are illegal. I am not giving them my real name. I never have."

"Never have? Are you kidding me?! Have you done this before?!" She hissed.

"Yeah, once or twice. But I didn't win the money. And this time I know that the $30,000 is mine.  I can taste it." I told her as I pulled my fight clothes out of my bag to change. I had 20 minutes before the first fight.

"You're unbelievable." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Look, be mad at me tomorrow and let it last a week, but tonight, I need you on my side. If you are against me tonight things won't go well for  me. Just.. Please... Just tonight." I begged.

"Fine....... DANNNG girl, those fighting clothes look hot on you!"

I rolled my eyes at her and just laughed. I was curious though, why would she say that? I wasn't anything too special. I mean I didn't have a boyfriend and I hadn't in like 5 years and that was just a silly little relationship that meant nothing. I looked in the mirror. I don't get it. I was 5'5" with light brown hair that faded to blonde and went to mid back. I worked so hard on growing it out. I had big, brown eyes which I actually didn't mind and chubby red cheeks that don't make me look intimidating, especially in the ring. I used to cry when I was younger because of them, but I guess these little things make me who I am right? Then I looked at the uniform they gave me to fight in. It was a blue and pink sports bra and black shorts that have the same blue and pink in stripes on the side. As I was deep in thought I was interupted by the door opening.

"Hey, you got 5 minutes. Are you ready for this?" To my surprise it was Lewis. I ran over and gave him a hug. Man, I am so glad came. I needed his support.

"More ready than I'll ever be."

"Then let's go."

It was a short walk to the ring. Once we got there Sadie and Lewis took their seats while I went to the ring. My opponent was 16, too. There were three 16 year olds including me, I just had to beat 2 other girls.

Then we were boxing. This girl was a little shorter than me and shy. She didn't come at me, so I went to her. 5 minutes later, she was down. I felt badly because she didn't even give me one punch. I came out of the fight with no scratches or bruises. I have won the first fight easily. 

Then they brought out the other girl. She was a good 6 feet tall and buff. I knew this fight would be a challenge. This fight took a lot longer. I was giving her three times as many punches as she was giving me. My face did hurt from one punch and I felt like puking from a hit to the stomach. I had worked through it and given her punches that she couldn't fight back from. Then, I had done it. I beat them both. Now I knew what was next, the other age groups.

There was only one 17 year old. She was my height and looked like a monster. I knew I could beat her and I did. She punched me a lot more than the other two. After winning the other fights I felt more powerful and had more energy to block and dodge punches. It took longer to win this fight, but with the crowd cheering I got the energy and she was out.

"This is it. A couple more fights." I told myself.

The last 4 fights went by in a second. It was all a blur and I couldn't really remember how it all went down. I do know that I couldn't believe it. I had just won! Not only do I get the satisfaction of winning, but I also get $30,000!

"WE HAVE TONIGHTS BIG WINNER LADIES AND GENTS!" the ref and announcer screamed over the cheers of the crowd. He held my hand and raised me arm up in front of the croud. I probably looked crazy because of the punches I got, but I didn't care I had $30,000 to keep for what ever I need. I looked around the crowd and everything seemed to be in slow motion. I noticed a cute boy with a buzz cut looking at me with a smile on his face. I quickly looked away and pushed the thought out of my mind.

After celebrating I went back to the room they gave me and put on some sweat pants and a shirt over the sports bra. I was still on cloud 9 from winning. I told Sadie and Lewis to meet me out front. They took the money and Sadie was gonna put it in my secret hiding spot under the floort board in my room. She is the only one who knows its there. I was walking out the door and turned around to shut it when the unthinkable happened. I felt a sack put on to my head. I started to panic. My heart sped up. Then I felt two pairs of hands grab each of my arms. I started to struggle, but it was no use. I started to scream, but I felt a cold, hard fist collide with my face. I stopped. I was shocked. My face was throbbing. Then the people started to drag me. I tried walking, but my feet failed me every couple of steps. I knew we were heading outside and that a door was open and waiting for me. I could feel the cold are whipping my skin. The next thing I know I am thrown on the gravel in the alley out back. I was so confused. I didn't understand why this was happening to me. What did I do wrong?

"Why are we doing this?"

"She can't just win those fights."

"It was rigged in her favor. She isn't getting away with this."

I recognized the voices. They were the girls from the ring. The girls I beat. 

"It's time to deliver some pay back, ladies. And this is just the first dose of it,"

That's when the beating happened. I was laying on the ground and I felt kicks on my stomach, back,  and legs. I felt one hard kick of my shoulder and let out a scream. Then two pairs of hands pulled me up and held me there while I was getting punches to the face and then I was spit on by all of the girls. The pain was excruciating. i just wanted to get knocked out. I couldn't bear the pain.  Then, after 10 minutes, I was ready to pass out and the girls dropped me to the ground. I was so weak that I couldn't even lift myself up or even think about running away. Then I heard it the voice of an angel, or should I say voices. They were screaming at the girls. I heard a girl mutter something about this not being over  then they ran away. I heard footsteps come closer to me and I could only hope that the people near me wouldn't hurt me. I had no time to think about who they were when it all went black.