Chapter 14

*Chapter 14*

*Harry's POV

Charlie and I had just arrived at the cafe that the other boys were at. Charlie was busy playing I Spy with Louis and Zayn on the couch across from me, Liam and Niall. Niall was busy devouring a muffin and was oblivious to everything else around him. Liam was trying to make small talk with me, but I was pretty unresponsive. 

"What's wrong, Haz?" Liam asked.

"I chickened out," I said glumbly.

"What do you mean?" he asked moving closer.

"I was finally gonna ask Charlie to be my girlfriend after I sang to her, but I chickened out. It was the perfect moment, but I didn't do it. I've had this planned for a week. I even learned to play the piano so I could play her favorite Ed Sheeran song. I didn't even mess up! It was all so good! But I had to be a doof and chicken out," I said ranting a little.

"Don't worry mate. I'm sure you'll get another chance. And besides, we have our first concert tonight! Get excited! That reminds me, we should probably go now," Liam said standing up. I followed his lead like everybody else.

We made our way out of the cafe and to the arena in 10 minutes. I don't know how we did it, but we escaped all of the fans. It's not like we didn't want to meet them, we do, but we had to be back for rehearsal by 1 and we left the cafe and 12:50. We all knew that we wouldn't want to leave the fans and we'd be late and in trouble. And we snuck out so we didn't have any security and that could be bad.

"GUYS! Let's go clubbing after the concert!" Louis yelled as we were walking down the hallway to get to the dressing rooms.

"Do you think that's a good idea? We have another show tomorrow," Liam said.

"Oh, boo hoo," Charlie said putting her arm around his shoulder. "You gotta live a little! If you don't want to be hung over, don't drink. It's simple."

"Charlie's got a point!" Zayn said throwing her over his shoulder and running down the hallway.

"PUT ME DOWN ZAYN!" Charlie screamed.

"No thanks," he said laughing. Niall, Liam, Louis and I all took out our phones to snap a quick picture.

"Are you kidding me, right now?! No help? Put me down," she said. By now we were all laughing, even Charlie.

"Make me," Zayn mocked.

"Fine. Remember that you asked for it," Charlie said. We didn't know what she was doing until we realized that she was giving Zayn a wedgie.

"Stop it!" Zayn screamed as he put Charlie down. We were all laughing except for Zayn. Niall was on the floor and the rest of us were clutching our stomachs.

*Charlie's POV*

"BOYS!" 

We all turned around to see Paul runnning towards us with Vicki, one of the boys' vocal coaches, behind him. He looked a little tired.

"We've been looking for you guys forever. Boys follow Vicki," the boys and Vicki made their way towards the end of the hallway. "Charlotte there are is a visitor on the bus for you. Would you like me to escort you out there?"

"Do you think I'll need to be escorted?" I asked quietly.

"Probably. C'mon honey," Paul said.

"Thank you," I said following him out to the bus.

"You know, Charlotte, I would very much like it if my children grew up to be like you," Paul said.

"Thank you, but you really don't," I said quietly and letting out an awkward laugh.