Rock You Like A Hurricane

The two jeeps pull up to the Visitor's Center. It has the appearance of being the nerve center of the park, but it's still a work in progress. There's a big hole in the wall, covered by a tarp. Fellow workers open the large font doors with a smile. Hammond leads his guests inside, greeting everyone.

John: G'day, g'day, g'day. Now, the most advanced amusement park in the entire world, incorporating all the latest technologies --

The lobby of the still-unfinished visitor's center is a high-ceilinged place, and has to be house its central feature, a large skeleton of a tyrannosaur that is attacking bellowing sauropod. WORKMEN in the basket of a Condor crane are still assembling skeletons. A staircase climbs the far wall, to another wing.

John: and I'm not talking just about rides, you know, everybody has rides. But we've made living biological attractions so astounding, that they'll capture the imagination of the entire planet.

Ellie: So what are you thinking?

Alan: That we're out of a job.

Simon: Don't you mean "extinct"?

Ian: I like how this kid thinks.

Hammond leads them onwards to a room that appears to be a movie theater. Several seats with protective bars like roller coaster chairs sit in front of a screen.

John Hammond: Why don't you all sit down? Uh, Donald, sit down, sit down.

As they take seats, Hammond walks up to the screen, where another Hammond "walks up" to meet him.

John: Here, Here he comes. Well, here I come, yes.

Screen Hammond: Hello, Hello.

John: Say hello, say hello!

The others weakly reply with hellos, Malcolm waving half-heartedly.

Screen Hammond: Hello, John!

John: Oh, yes. I've got lines.

Screen Hammond: Well, fine, fine, I guess. But, uh, how did I get here?

John: "Uh, well, let me show you. First, I'll need a drop of blood. Your blood."

Screen Hammond: Right.

Screen Hammond extends his finger, and Hammond mimes poking it.

Screen Hammond: Ooh! John, that hurt!

John: Relax, John. It's all part of the miracle of cloning!

As Hammond speaks, a second John appears on the screen, followed by a third, and then more, all greeting each other.

Alan: Cloned from what? Loy extraction hasn't recreated an intact DNA strand.

Ian: Not without massive sequence gaps.

Ellie: Paleo-DNA, from what source? Where do you get a hundred million-year-old dinosaur blood?

Gennaro: Shhh!

On the screen, an animated swirl appears from S. Hammond's finger. A cartoon DNA strand pops up over the shoulder of Hammond opposite the way he's facing, and taps his shoulder, zipping to the other side.

Screen Hammond: What? What? Oh! Mr. DNA! Where did you come from?

Mr. DNA: From your blood! Just one drop of your blood contains billions of strands of DNA, the building blocks of life. A DNA strand, like me, is a blueprint for building a living thing. And sometimes animals that went extinct millions of years ago, like dinosaurs, left their blueprints behind for us to find.

Simon: What in the Disney World-

The screen image changes from animated to a nature- photography look. It's an extreme close-up of a mosquito, its fangs suck the deep into some animals flesh, its body pulsing and engorging with blood it's drinking.