N I N E T E E N

Confused, I opened my eyes. Outlines of a face came into my vision, but it was too dark for me to recognise who it was. „Lewis?" I mumbled, for a brief moment I really thought it was him. But that was not the case.

„Everything okay?" Two green eyes sparkled at me. Where was I? A look next to me provided me with the explanatory answer. I lay in the back seat of a car... Breathing heavily, I fought my way into a more or less sedentary position. When I sat, I shook my head. „It hurts so bad..." Tears shot into my eyes. Everything hurts. My whole body. My head, it whirled like I was run over by a street roller. „Can you tell me exactly where it hurts?" The young man asked, at the same moment the other one appeared next to him. And even though I didn't know who they were or what they wanted from me, I was happy about their presence.

The fear they could kidnap me turned into indifference. If that's their plan, I'll hardly be able to change it anymore... In order not to leave his question unanswered, I tried to summarise my pain. „My head, my hip and my hand." He nodded understanding and then gave me a hopeful smile. „The ambulance should come at any moment, they will take good care of you..." Then he pulled his head out of the car and turned to his friend, or whatever he is. „Can you see if there is a missing person's report that suits her?" Suddenly I realised a lot.
The two.
The weapon.
Their curiosity.
They were police officers.

But even before I could continue to deal with this thought, his gaze fell back on me. I crouched frightened in the corner, pressed against the inner wall of the car. I shrugged when he suddenly sat down on the square next to me. „You just said the name Lewis. Is that your brother?„ He gave me a questioning look and I shook my head, which I immediately regretted again. The shock was strong, too strong. And it hurts.

„To be honest, I don't know who he is either..." Tired, I dropped my head against the rows of seats. My gaze directed into the void. „I hate him, but somehow I don't..." I thought out loud what I was thinking. Of course I hated him, more than anyone else. But somehow he has an effect on me that makes me rethink the hatred of him... „So a friend of yours?" He said the word friend in a questioning tone, which made me think further. Was he a friend of mine? Were we even friends? Were we more, less, nothing at all?

„It's complicated..." I finally sighed. „You know, I did something I shouldn't have done like that..." I stopped briefly and swallowed. My throat was dry. The memories of this weekend gave me a strange stomach tingling. Positive as well as negative. „As long as you've not violated a law with it, you can tell us." Joked the one who's still standing outside, who probably also listened to me and I have to start smiling. „Don't worry... I kissed his biggest rival at the moment. In front of his eyes. Actually, I just wanted to make him a little bit jealous but he obviously couldn't handle it so well. Anyways, we kissed the next evening and oh my God - this kiss was divine!" My heart began to beat faster when this night appeared like a movie in front of my eyes.
His lips.
His hands.
His pure presence.

„Sounds like someone's in love." The one sitting next to me smiled, whereupon heat rose into my cheeks. They had probably already turned bright red, which seemed to be hidden by the dim light. In fact, his words did something to me. I couldn't fell in love with Lewis...
I mean, is it even possible to like a person you actually hate?

That didn't really make sense. I mean, he looks good, no question, but nothing more. For him, I'm only the daughter of his boss anyway, whom he should take care of... Otherwise he wouldn't treat me the way he does. Namely like a small child, like a stupid, small child.

„He hates me as much as I hates him, so no." I gave to understand at some point, trying not to notice my insecurity or my inner pain. My counterpart commented on this with a sceptical nod, although his wide smile should not be forgotten.

He didn't believe me. Not a word. Neither I do I think so...
As soon as possible, I pushed these thoughts aside. The last thing I could need now was to give myself hopes for something that I don't really want myself. After all, I don't want anything to do with him. Never again.

After three more minutes, the ambulance had arrived. The nameless, green-eyed guy helped me get there. He supported me by sling an arm around my hip, his grip was firm, so at least I couldn't fall down anymore. The other had already proceeded and explained to the paramedics what happened, at least what he knows, which should not be very much.

Everything that happened in the next few minutes went more or less past me. "Where exactly did it hurt?", "Can you tell me what happened?", "Do you have any diseases that are known, or allergies?" Questions about questions. I answer everyone truthfully and concisely.

But suddenly I was torn back into reality by something loud. It was a door that snapped into the door lock. The noise struck my head like a lightning. I was brightly awake. Fear my father could now stand here, spread within me. „How is your hand?" I sighed relieved and sat down when the policeman approached me. „It's okay, I think." I answered and looked at the bandage that meandered around my hand. I swung my legs off the hospital couch and left them hanging towards the ground. With my hands I clawed into the red cushions, my head hurt as I tried to move it.

So we stayed a while. We talked about everything. He leaned next to me on the hospital couch and was just talking about trivial things. The little black cat that was waiting for him when he comes home. How much he loves evening walks and his penchant for robots...

Suddenly someone opened the door and our heads shied in their direction. There was no one other than my father in the door frame.

His hair were frizzy, his eyes cloudy. As if someone had torn him out of deep sleep. Fear, anger and worries mingled into his expression.

„Livia?! What in the world are you doing here?" The taller one came running towards me and closed me firmly in his arms. So tight that I felt he thought he would never see me again. Was the fear in his eyes fear of death?

„I'm sorry, Dad." I murmured into his shoulder. The fabric of his hoodie absorbed the tears that gathered in the corners of my eyes.

——————————————
Since all of you wanted a second chapter.... :)

See you <33