R1-G

The day had arrived. Once everything at the tower was over and done with, Magolor had called Daroach to remind him of their meeting. Daroach was told to bring everyone, and he planned to do exactly that. It seemed Taranza had seen them on their way and joined in. When they got to Onion Ocean, Magolor was nowhere to be seen. "Hey, where is he?" Daroach called Magolor on the phone. "Where are you?"

"Oh, you haven't heard? The meeting's cancelled."

"WHAT?"

"I imagine this is the first time you've ever been stood up, so let me explain further. You've been had, rodent. Don't bother looking for me. I need everything to go smoothly and I can't risk putting you or anyone else in danger." He hung up.

"Taranza."

"Yes?"

"We're hunting him down. Come along."

"Aye aye, captain."

As the rest of the squeaks split up to search Popstar, Daroach took Taranza along personally to where the Lor Starcutter was usually landed. To his surprise, it was still there. Then they went to check on Daroach's ship. It was not still there. Daroach tried calling Magolor again after noticing that. No answer. He tried again. Nothing. Then Taranza tried. This time, he picked up. "Hello?"

"YOU STOLE HIS SHIP?"

"Yikes!" He hung up.

The two went back to the Lor Starcutter. Taranza called to the ship. "Do you know where Daroach's air ship is?"

"I do. Isn't that Daroach himself next to you? Wouldn't he know?"

Daroach was outraged. "No! Magolor tricked me and stole it!"

The ship was silent for a moment. "That does explain one thing."

"What?"

"Your ship is on Halcandra. It seems to have been flown through the portal Magolor had me create before he left this morning."

- .... . / .--. .-.. .- -. / .. ... / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. / - --- --. . - .... . .-.

The four headed dragon kept watchful eyes over the ever-expanding factory that was covering the planet. A voice from behind them prompted them to turn around. "Landia. It's been, what, nine years?" They turned around and saw the face of the devious mage who'd gone to extreme lengths to steal the crown.

"What are your intentions?" The dragon asked, sure that they would be unsatisfied with the response.

"I'm just here to meet with an old acquaintance. I wanted to speak to you first because I don't want to fight you for that."

"Where is the Lor Starcutter?"

"I left her behind. I didn't want her to get attacked here."

"Acceptable answers. We will let you go, but know that you will regret any reprehensible actions you may commit."

Magolor nodded. "I understand. Thank you, Landia. And... I truly am sorry."

The conveyor belts hauled various denizens of Halcandra through the hallways and machinery of the factory. Spiked plates moved up and down. Eels in the water slithered in and out of the pipes they dwelled in. Magolor travelled through the engines, much more expansive than he remembered. His destination was a moderately sized open area amidst the chaos of the machinery. He arrived, and lay eyes upon the one he'd been searching for. "You know, I always did consider you an anomaly. You exist, despite having no discernable origin. You hold power over this planet, despite never being put in that position. Very little about the nature of your existence makes any sense, unless you know what I do."