Chapter 6 Burgers with a plan

They began walking to Meh burger to discuss their plan to find Meliphes.

Shadow went next to Silver to talk to him for a bit, you know-past Father and future son bonding time.

Shadow looked at him, Silver also looked at Shadow with a smile. His eyes beamed.

"Hi Dad!"

"...Yes. Hello.....what did you say your name was again?"

"Oh right!"

Silver smiles and scratches behind his neck.

"My name is Silver, Silver the hedgehog! Your future son-"

"Yes, I know your my future son. I have a few questions-I promise their not going to disrupt the future."

Silver nods and smiles.

"Sure dad! Ask away!"

"Great. First question, what am I like in your time?"

"Well Dad, your...you. Your slightly more social in the future, and Mom is helping with that. If we're talking about personality, your pretty much the same except you don't fight with Team Sonic-as much. You and Sonic like doing 1v1's sometimes but thats about it. I don't see you that often-as most of the time you like being alone-but you do always come through for me, as any Father should. If we're talking about Relationships, you and Sonic have reached the 'friends who are also rivals and can't stand each other much' zone. Tails and you sometimes talk, and you guys are on a safe level with each other-Tails also invents an armband for you-so you guys could contact each other. I still don't have one. You and Knuckles enjoy wrestling, but you guys also banter. You and Sticks cannot be placed in the same room for 10 minutes, sticks keeps freaking out because..."

Silver goes close to Shadow and whispers.

"Alien genes, ya know?"

Shadow nods in understanding. His future self seemed more...nice?

"Anyways, with Amy, you two are really really close! Practically inseparable."

Shadow nods, not taking the hint at all.

"Alright. So what I'm getting is that I'm the same except I'm nicer and more social than right now-and I get along with Sonic and all his friends?"

Silver nods.

"Yep! You and Sonic still have rivalry sometimes though."

"Hmph. Clearly."

"Yeah...also, you and Eggman aren't on good terms or bad terms, your neutral. As long as Eggman doesn't hurt me or Mom, or any of the village, than your both fine."

Shadow nods, taking this information in.

"Hmph. Alright....Say, Silver."

"Hm?"

"Why would I even have a kid? All my life I have only thought of revenge and destruction...so why?"

Silver shrugs and picks a flower, as he continues to walk.

"I don't exactly know. I do remember asking a question about that to you though. You said "I used to be alone. During that time, I had thought that Mobians and Humans were all trouble. Thats all I thought until 'someone' helped me and your Mother. I don't know what originally happened, but your Mother helped me see that there are bad people, but also good people.". Thats all I can remember from what you said."

Shadow listens in to what Silver had claimed his future self had said. Shadow looks down, taking in what his son had said.

Had his Wife really helped him see that? Guess he would have to wait and see.