Second chances are not offered everytime.

Life had been become a hell for Lakshmi ever since she had returned to the Oberoi house. A thousand times she had thought of telling everyone how Maliska had manipulated her into signing those divorce papers. But she knew that even if she says the truth, most of them won't trust her and blame her instead and the left ones might support her but she wanted to know how her Bauji and Ayush would have treated her if she had not been Rishi's wife. 

But now it was enough. Her husband's engagement with his girlfriend in her presence has gone below her bottom line. She could not longer endure this insult. She has to stand up now. It is now or never.

*The neelam accident does not occur here. Lakshmi was about to come down and stop the engagement when Shalu enters the scene with judge madam. The judge rebukes the Oberoi family over their values and respect for law and leaves (as shown in the drama). The engagement is called off.*

While Neelam and Bua start to blame Lakshmi again, Bauji passes her a disgusted look. Dadi leaves the scene, hiding her small smile. On the other hand, Ayush blames Shalu "What is the problem with you sisters? Why can't you let us live a peaceful life and give us back our our old happiness? You don't have to interfere again and again."

Shalu passes a sadistic smile and replies "If only my sister had not saved your brother that day at the fire and let him die, we would not have to tolerate you guys."

The entire hall gets silent. No body had thought that Shalu would be retaliating in this way. They had known Shalu's sharp tongue for long but never expected her to curse Rishi's life. An enraged Neelam approaches towards Shalu to slap her but before she could do so, Ayush comes and gets slapped. Bua was about to start her chattering again when

Lakshmi who had observing everything for such a long time finally speaks. "The Oberoi family, our reputation, our pride, 'Humare khandar k naam pe ek aach nahi aana chaihiye' - aren't these the words you go on saying whole day, Mummyji? Let me say it out loudly now."

Lakshmi shouts "The Oberoi family is a trash."