Someone from the past?

"Di, Shalu will reach within 20 minutes."

"Instead of giving me a remainder every 5 minutes, come and help me serve the dishes. She will be dead tired when she returns."

"I am also too tired di", Bani said giving out a sweet innocent smile.

"You littile brat", before Lakshmi could said more, the door bell rang. "Go and open the door."

Bani rushed to open the door.

Lakshmi came behind her and saw Shalu had already entered the house and was running towards Lakshmi. Lakshmi instinctively step back and closed her eyes forcefully. Within a second, she was hugged tightly by Shalu.

"Shalu, you are sweating like a pig. Take a bath first", murmuring so Lakshmi tried to free herself from Shalu but in vain.

"I missed you so much Di."

Bani (with puppy eyes)- I opened the door and you did not even look at me.

Shalu- You have called me every 5 minutes today. You know how badly I wanted to block your number!!

Bani- You said you shall be here after 20 minutes, how did you reach so fast?

"I did not have to walk from the gate of the ashram till here. Somebody gave me a lift", Shalu said blushing.

"What. A CAR IN THE ASHRAM?",Bani was shocked. Lakshmi continued, "Guruji had instructed long ago that there should be no vehicles that run on fuel inside the ashram, to reduce air pollution. Who dared to drive here?"

Shalu- I don't know. I was too tired to think so much. We can think about that daring driver after lunch. Let me take a bath.

At the lunch table,

Bani- Shalu, I have an awesome news for you.

Shalu- I am busy eating.

Lakshmi- Shalu don't be so mean. She has been excited for your arrival for so many days.

Bani- Shalu you won't believe that--

Shalu- That you have got chance in your dream college.

Bani-  How did you know?

Shalu- The excitement in your voice told me the good news on that very day.

Bani- I got the scholarship too.

Shalu- Isn't it obvious? Afterall whose sister you are.

Bani- Lakshmi di I love you. You are my inspiration.

Shalu- Wait what? I was the one forcing you to study and running behind you with your books and copies. You ungrateful mouse.

Bani made faces at Shalu and ran away. The trio shared a laughter.

Lakshmi- Shalu I have a thing to ask you.

Shalu- What is it di? You seem tensed.

Lakshmi- Do you know Mr. Bajaj?

Shalu- I heard his name inside Solace so many times today. Most of the girls were saying that he is irresistibly hot.

Lakshmi- Before entering Solace? I mean in Punjab.

Shalu- I had only heard the word 'BAJAJ' in the car shops. You know what I mean, right?

Lakshmi- I am not talking about Bajaj automobiles. Stop making fun of me.

Shalu giggled. 

"Ok fine. Have you heard the name Rishab?" continued Lakshmi.

"Let me think a bit di, if I can remember. You go and take rest now." Shalu went to help Bani complete the left-over formalities while Lakshmi completed washing the dishes. 

After completing her chores, the memories of those eyes took over her thoughts once again. She felt she has looked into those eyes earlier. Lakshmi was so much drowned in her thoughts that she did not even realise that the sun had set. Shalu can rushing towards Lakshmi and shouted in front of her ears, "Di I remembered where I had heard the name before." Lakshmi's chain of thoughts were broken and she could blandly utter "What?"

"Di when you were in high school,a guy named Rishab came to meet baba. He bought many gifts for us and had promised baba that he would always stand by our family till his last breath. Later ma told us that Baba had bought him home after his parents' death many years ago and they had taken care of him for a few years. When you were born, he was in our house only. I can't remember any more" said Shalu. From the look of her face, it seemed as it she had come from a war. 

Lakshmi POV-

 Rishab Bajaj. 

Mr. Rishab Bajaj

He is my high school crush.