Chapter 18 - The Last Straw

////////////////
EMMA POV::

Mason and I haven't spoken in exactly 3 days. I did go on to meet Alex Morge. He hired me and I was his assistant, Mason was so mad at me that he wouldn't sleep with me. But I needed a job and he wouldn't let me work for him. Even though I had gotten into a car accident and had just gone through so much with my family. My mother kept blowing up my phone and I knew Christmas was around the corner and so was Mason's birthday I was a long way from giving birth and I didn't want Mason to just make the money.

Buzz***Buzzz**

From: Lover

I hope you're having a good day at your job, Ms. Reed.

Regards,
Mason Harris
CEO, The Harris Company.

I rolled my eyes. This is the first time Mason had spoken to me.

To: Lover

I love you. Please stop this.

Sincerely,
Emma Reed.
Assistant of Alex Morge

"Emma!" Alex called me. I have been here since 7 and I was exhausted. "Yes?" I walked in.

"I'm sorry are you tired?" He asked

"Yes" hoping he would let me leave.

"No. Stop. Go make these copies there are very important thank you." I looked at him like he was crazy. I was only a few weeks pregnant I wasn't showing yet, but I was feeling all symptoms. "Okay"

It was 5 pm and I was tired. I know Mason was in the office. "Here you go Alex" I gave him his coffee, and he looked at me and handed me the paperwork.

I walked back to my desk to Mason's message.

To: Emma Reed
From: Lover

I love you too gorg. Call me when you are out of work.

Regards,
Mason Harris
CEO, The Harris Company.

I smiled. My fiañce was the only one I was comfortable around and I was happy. I finished Alex's paperwork at around 7 pm and I packed my stuff to go. I was the only one there.

To: Lover
From: Emma Reed

Leaving now honey.

Sincerely,
Emma Reed
Assistant to Alex Morge

I walked to Alex's office and dropped off the paperwork "Here you go, have a goodnight"

"Wait, Emma." I turned and rolled my eyes.

"Yes?"

He was behind me. "You look pretty sexy"

"Don't do this" I said pushing back.

"Don't do what? Emma, I would love to take you out"

"My boyfriend wouldn't like that" I pushed him harder.

He gripped me "Don't ever do that" he slapped my ass.

My rage wasn't right. I felt violated. I looked at him, "you are not to touch me ever again!" I yelled

"What?" He turned around and slapped me. I fell to the floor shocked. I got up and ran towards my office. Closing the door behind me. My adrenaline was pumping, I grabbed my phone and dialed Mason.

"Hello?"

"Baby! Baby! Please come to the office, Alex he grabbed me and he---" the phone was taken from my hand.