Chapter 14: Spooky Romance

It's now 30 October, Halloween is on the doors and I spent a fair amount of time preparing for my outfit, although I never tried dressing up this way... But it's worth the try, after all, I got the inspiration from Kakyoin.

And at the mention of Kakyoin.. I am not quite sure if this is normal or not but he had grown pretty fond of me ever since the occurrence in the locker room at school. He started waiting for me every day to walk together instead of often passing by my house, not to mention making extra food for me. I mean he's Kakyoin, he has always been this nice but it just seems as if he's making efforts, or is he?

But just as much as Kakyoin is getting more comfortable with me, Jotaro seems to appear more distant than he usually is when it's the three of us, and appears to be normal again whenever it's just me and him. I don't get the full picture of what's going on but I just hope it's nothing alarming.

13:23

I was just casually resting in my room on the bed, cuddling with the covers as I scribbled on my notebook when I received a text. I flipped my phone to see who would be texting and I smiled at the notification, it was Kakyoin.

-
K: Good afternoon y/n! I was wondering if you don't have any plans for today.

Y/N: Well hopefully not, did you need anything at all?

K: Not at all, I was just hoping that I could get the honor of you accompanying me outside.

Y/N: Haha, that's pretty formal prince charming. Where are you taking me to a ball in a horse carriage?

K: Ha Ha funny as usual, just meet me outside in five alright?

Y/N: Lol sure
-

I jumped from the bed smiling to myself and grabbed a hoodie along with a skirt from my wardrobe and put on some leg warmers, finishing the look with my favorite high black boots.

My hair wasn't too messy so I didn't have to brush it again since I already did earlier today, and with that, I grabbed my phone and hurried outside the house.

It wasn't surprising that Kakyoin was already standing outside my door with his usual warm smile greeting me.

"Afternoon Kakyoin, it's pretty cold today isn't it?" I blew air into my hands as I started walking side by side with the redhead, him looking at me with his head tilted, chuckling a bit.

"Well it sure is, but you never fail to impress me with your outfit selection, especially now in only 5 minutes. You look absolutely beautiful Cherry Blossom" Kakyoin's smile turned into a smirk, making my face heat up, and it was followed by Kakyoin's laughter.

"Well it isn't as cold now is it?" His laughter slowly died out and I huffed, hitting his shoulder, and averted my gaze.

"Idiot" I muttered under my breath making him laugh more as we continued walking in comfortable silence until I remembered to ask him. "By the way Nori, where are we going?"

"I just figured out to go shopping for candy for Halloween you know? and wanted to have you tag along" He looked at me grinning, and I grinned back.

"I see, but what about Jotaro?" I tilted my head at the redhead, being responded with a shrug.

"I did ask him to come first but he didn't want to, he said Miss Holly already bought candy so he didn't have to go out with us, though him just accompanying us would be enough he dismissed the idea" He scratched his head as we made it to the mall, seeming to be as clueless as I am.

I hummed as we rambled around the different shelves holding all kinds of sweets, finding myself smiling again as we continued to discuss which ones to purchase, ending up with a cart filled with candies and spooky decorations we found.