Chapter 19: Never Going back

Sooooo hello again! I did promise I didn't abandon the fan fiction, and after months of burning guilt I finally got the motivation to write this chapter. Enjoy!
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫

The morning sun tickled my eyes like warm feathers, inviting me to wake up and begin the day, but why does my body and mind feel like a cold tombstone? I guess this is how the dread of waking up and realizing who you are and what your life is feels. It wasn't a very unfamiliar feeling to me, but it was more like a distant memory Well... At least it was for a while until what happened with my dad occured.

A cheerful voice called out for me from outside the room, snapping me back to my senses. Oh right... I'm staying at Jotaro's place now. I finally mustered the power to move my rusty muscles and climbed off the bed, my hand reaching out to my tired and bawled eyes to rub them. I can't even believe I managed to sleep with my thoughts, but that is a detail I would not be speaking about for the sake of this day.

I opened the door and walked out with my messy hair all over the place, but I managed to smile at the sight of Miss Holly who was passing happily with a basket of laundry in her hands.

"Good morning Holly, do you need help with those?" I offered, taking a step closer to her to show that I was willing to help.

"Good morning dear! don't worry about it, you should go wash your face and have breakfast. We don't want you skipping meals now do we?" Holly said sweetly, making my heart softens, and before I could even argue Jotaro passed by and grabbed the basket from her hands and took it outside.

Holly smiled warmly at the gesture and then patted my back "Go have breakfast dear"

She repeated, and I just nodded with a small smile before making my way to the bathroom, washing my face and attempting to fix my messy hair before heading towards the kitchen and pouring myself tea and settled down to drink.

My eyes wandered around noticing just how sunny the house was in bright daylight. Everything about it from the smallest detail was so cozy, making me relax in my seat.

As I was lost in thought Jotaro's figure slowly drew me back to my surroundings. He took a seat across from me with his hands folded against his chest, his gaze calm as he looked at me. "You okay?"

I slowly inhaled as I took another sip from my tea, then responded to his question. "I feel like shit"

He raised an eyebrow, most likely not expecting how direct I was, but he didn't disappoint with his reply. "Well you do look like shit, that's why I asked"

I spat my tea in disbelief, leaning in slowly to place the cup down "I beg your pardon?" I exclaimed, slowly shaking my head.

"You don't have to beg for it, unless you're into it that is." He replied in a heartbeat, making my jaw slightly drop. What the hell was wrong with this man? I blinked a few times at him, not really having an answer for that now, and I definitely wasn't in the mood to beg.

"Are you okay?" I finally responded, making him lean back in his seat comfortably

"I am, but I want you to be okay" He stated with ease, making my voice halt in my throat, then I slowly shrinked into my seat.

"Well That's not how you make me okay" I mumbled averting my gaze and picking up my cup once again to drink, hearing the sounds of birds chirping outside now.