09.12 - FAKE DATING

Liam is the most popular kid in school and always feels bad for the students that his so called 'friends' bully so he decided to prove to them, that the rank in school doesn't mean anything. That night when they're at his friends house party he goes to the bathroom upstairs because the one downstairs is occupied. On his way back down he bumps into Hayley, his friends twin sister. "Hey! What are you doing up here?" "It's my brother's party so I'm in my bedroom as always!" "Hayley, right?" "You know my name?" "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" "Cause litterally nobody knows or evn notices me in school. And if they do notice me it's just because they're bullying me!" "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that!" "It's alright! I'm used to it by now!" "You shouldn't be though!", Liam says and thinks of his plan to prove the others that the popularity doesn't mean the world. "It's ok, really!" "No, it isn't! And uhm... this might sound weird but... I could maybe change that!"

"What do you mean you could change that?" "Well, I kinda wanna prove to the others that it isn't fair to bully people because of their little popularity so I though, maybe... only if you like to though,... maybe we could pretend like we're a couple and then I'll hang out with you and others like you and you'd hang out with me and my friends to prove my point!" "You think that would work?" "I don't know, but it's worth a try, isn't it?" "I guess!" "Great! Do you have insta?" "No, why?" "We'll have to make you one then!" "Why?" "So we can post pictures of us together! We can also make a couples one!" "Alright?", Hayley sais making it sound more like a question.

"Wanna do that now?" "Don't you wanna go back down to the party?" "Not really! They're all getting themselves drunk down there and fighting against eachother, so no, not really!", Liam says so Hayley says "Ok, then follow me!" and walks towards her bedroom. She sits down on her bed and Liam sits down on her desk chair. She hands him her unlocked phone once Instagram has downloaded. "Ok, let's start! Username?" "Hayley!" "Just Hayley?" "Yeah!" "Ok! Next, profile pic!" "Do I have to have one?" "Would be good, yeah..." "I don't have a good pic right now, could we maybe do that later?" "No problem! So, then we need your bio! I'll tag my account with a heart next to it and add yours to my bio!"

"Now, everything is set up so we only need to get everyone to see your account! So lets add the people in our year!" "Everyone?" "Yes! Everyone!" He adds everyone from their year and request the ones that have private accounts. A few minutes later she gets accepted by her friends, which are the only ones who have private accounts. "Great! Tomorrow after school we'll go to the cinema and dinner, take some pictures for my account, for your account and for our couoles one which I'll set upp tomorrow then!"

Liam goes back down to join the others. Nobody even noticed he was gone for like half an hour. "Liam! Where's your drink?", one of the guys answers. "Don't have one!", he replys which makes the guy jump up and stumble into the kitchen to grab Liam a drink. "I'm fine! I'm fine! Really!", he tries to stop him but he doesn't listen. Once he hands him the drink Liam puts it down again. He promised himself he would not drink anything during school time.

The evening goes by and the next day after school Hayley and Liam meet in the parking lot. Liam is leaning against his car when Hayley comes. She gets in the passenger seat and he drives off. First they drive to the mall and get themselves clothes to wear and then go to the cinema. In the cinema they take a picture of them holding hands and of one another. When the movie is over the two of them get back in the car and go for dinner.

Once they're at the restaurant Liam pulls out his phone, creates their couples account and takes the picture of them holding hands as their profile pic. He adds both of their accounts to the bio and adds the couples account to his bio while Hayley does the same. After he added everyone he posted the pictures they took in the cinema. When the waitress comes she asks "Do the two of you want a candle? It's getting quite dark!" so they answer "Yes, please!" The waitress walks off to get the candle and when she's back she takes their order.

"The two of you are such a cute couple!", she says when she comes back with their drinks. "Thank you! Uhm,... would you mind taking a picture of us?", Liam asks and the waitress nods. He hands her his phone and she takes the picture. "Thank you so much, it's great!", Hayley says. Liam posts the picture to their couples Instagram and to his story writing "Best night with ma girl❤️" and tagging Hayley. Hayley post the picture to her story aswell writing "Best Boyfriend Ever❤️ Love you Liam😘" and tagging him.

Within a minute or two both of their phones blow up with hundreds of likes and comments like "Omg, you two are dating?" "How long have you been dating?" "Why haven't you told us your dating?" but also comments like "He deserves so much better than you!" "Why would he go out with her?" Liam comforts Hayley by telling her "Don't listen to the bad comments! Their just jealous! We'll make them believe and change their mind!"

All throughout dinner the two of them chat about what kind of dates they want to go on and what their exact plan is. Over the next few days they walk around in school hand in hand or Liam has his arm around her. Whenever they have separate classes Liam comes up to her afterwards hugging her from behind. They continue going on dates and posting pictures of them. Liam hangs out with Hayley and her friends in the lunchbreaks and on Fridays he brings Hayley to Parties with him.

After three weeks most people believe the two of them and Liam says to his friends "See, does popularity change someone's personality?" Everyone shakes their head. Liam feels proud that he finally proved his point and Hayley is happy that she helped him. Many of Liam's friends realised that they actually like one of the 'unpopular' girls and asked them out. The principal hears of what Liam and Hayley did and asks them to come to her office. "I'm very proud of what the two of you have achieved! Would you mind writing an article about how popularity doesn't have anything to do with personality and there's no need to bully people because of it? And if you want I could write to some newspapers and ask if they'd publish it and we'll put the article on our website aswell!" "Sure", Liam answers delighted.