Bonus Chapter....again

Ava

"Thank you for helping mommy, Aiden." I patted the top of his head.

"Mommy, when is it my birthday again?" He asked, and I bit the urge to laugh.

His birthday was a few months ago and Dimitri and I had gone all out. He got to choose his own theme; Superman, and my family and our close friends had spoiled him half to death.

Today was his little sister's birthday and we wanted to treat her to her little princess party. Dimitri, Lenny, Kira, my mother, and I have been decorating all day while baby Alisa was napping. Everything was pink and princess themed.

Pink balloons, pink banner, pink confetti, and a whole matching Tangled princess set of cups, forks, spoons, plates, napkins, and a party hat with her face and age.

For her first birthday party, it was more intimate. Just us and our kids, with Alisa going hard on a slice of chocolate cake. It was a beautiful day, a special memory, and even though it wasn't tradition, it would become one with the other children we'd have together.

Aiden and Alisa aside, I wanted more. Dimitri obliged, giving me whatever I wanted, and I couldn't wait for our family to grow.

"Next year, Aiden. Today is Alisa's birthday party baby boy, and we're going to celebrate it together."

"Alisa is only two. Will she even remember her birthday?" He asked, and I bent down to his level and caressed his cheeks.

"Probably not honey, but it's nice to take photos and make memories that we can show her when she grows up. Doesn't mommy and daddy have a photo album filled with photos of you when you were a baby?"

He let out a sigh in defeat. "Yes." He grumbled.

"Aiden!" Dimitri called his name and he perked up.

"I'm coming, daddy! Mommy, I have to go." He ran out before I could even say anything.

"We're back!" The front door opened, and Lenny, Kira, and my mother stepped in with the cake in their hands. "They said they're sorry for the delay and they even threw in some free cupcakes."

"They only threw in the cupcakes because the cashier was in love with Kira." Lenny teased and Kira blushed.

"What man?!" Dimitri's voice boomed as he ran from the backyard and into the kitchen. Dimitri was outside with my father and Michael.

Well, he was supposed to be outside.

They were in charge of the barbeque outside. Chicken and burgers and some steak since my father wasn't in the mood for a hamburger. Of course, as soon as he heard Lenny's sentence, he stormed inside to see what we were talking about. I laughed and Kira rolled her eyes.

"No one. Don't burn the chicken. Go back outside." I said and waved him away.

He came and wrapped his arm around my waist and reeled me to his chest. "My demanding wife." He kissed my cheek and I giggled as I pulled away. "What was the guy's name?" He asked, looking over at Lenny.

"His name was-"

"Lenny!" Kira interrupted her. "Trust me, he doesn't like me. He gave us the cupcakes because he messed up Alisa's cake and Lenny threatened the poor kid."

Dimitri relaxed and gave Lenny a smile. "Good." With that, he stepped back outside.

My mother watched the whole interaction and was amused as she went over to pour herself a cup of wine. We all followed her inside and Lenny poured herself and Kira one.

She offered me, but I shook my head. I was late, but I wasn't one hundred percent sure if I was pregnant. Just to be on the safe side, I wasn't going to indulge in alcohol today.