Campfire

Lightbulb pressed her hands against the glass, hoping someone would come. Suddenly, the door opened and Mother walked in. Lightbulb was so happy to see her. Mother walked over to the vial and smiled at Lightbulb. Mother turned on a small machine, connecting it to Lightbulb's vial and speaking through a small microphone. "Hello, Lightbulb," she said. "I'm sorry I haven't been in to see you. I've been busy with work." Lightbulb's eyes widened. This was the first time she had heard her mother's voice. It was harsh but warm, Like the sparks that the bugs made to fix her. "How are you doing?" Mother asked.

Lightbulb pressed her hands against the glass, trying to communicate with Mother. She didn't know how to speak, but she tried her best to convey her feelings. Mother smiled. "It's okay, Lightbulb. I know you can't talk. We're working on that. We're going to get you out of there soon." Mother turned on a small AM radio. The radio's voice was metallic and robotic like the things that fixed her, but it was comforting. It told of showers and clouds and a cold front coming in. Where they were and the date. Eastern Massachusetts. I-495. October 22nd, 20xx. Lightbulb liked the sound of the voice. It was soothing and she felt comforted by it. She floated in her vial, listening to the voice on the radio and looking at Mother. She was so happy to see her. The voice calmed her, As she imagined these things. She wanted to feel the cold winds on her skin. She closed her eyes colors and shapes surrounding her...

And the nighttime horn rang. She woke up, Leaning against the tree again. She must have dozed off. She looked around, seeing that it was now dark. The horn must have woken her up. She stood up, Stretching her arms. She looked around, before deciding to head back. It was time for the campfire. She walked back to the hotel, Making her way to the firepit by the lake, Seeing that everyone was already gathered around the fire.

She sat down next to Baseball, Who looked up at her. "Hey. You okay?" He asked. "Yeah. I'm fine." She said, looking into the fire. "Are you sure?" He asked. "I'm sure." She said. He didn't say anything, But she could feel his eyes on her. She ignored it, Focusing on the fire. She dreaded that people would have to know about her.

At least, she thought she was. OJ went to the front of the platform, Obviously prepared. "Hello everyone, and Welcome to the bi-weekly campfire! As always, I'll be your host, OJ. As I said earlier today, I had a very special announcement today. We've been having some... issues lately. Especially with safety. From now on, No one is allowed to go off into the woods alone. We'll be assigning partners soon. For now, Just stick with people you trust." OJ looked around, before continuing. "I know this is sudden, But it's for the best. We don't want anyone getting hurt."

"Next up, Paper! With his list of common complaints from the complaints box!" OJ motioned Stage left, As Paper nervously walked onto the stage. "Um... Hi." Paper said, looking around. "So.. these are the complaints from the box this week. First, Stop leaving your dirty clothes everywhere, Especially you, Trophy, I could recognize those grimy lucky socks anywhere. Next, The bathrooms are starting to smell, Please help clean them up. And lastly, Please put dirty dishes in the dishwasher instead of letting them pile up in the sink. That's all for this week, Thank you." Paper blushed slightly "Did I do okay" He whispered to OJ. OJ gave him a thumbs up. "Your stage voice is doing better!" He whispered back. Paper smiled, before walking off stage.

"And that's all for now, if you have anything else to say, Come onto the stage!" Lightbulb saw her opportunity. She tried walking up but froze. "Is there something you want to say, Lightbulb?" OJ asked, looking at her. "Um.." She said before her mind went blank. "I.." She started shaking, anxiety taking hold of her. "It's okay, Just take your time," OJ said, looking at her sympathetically. "I.." She looked around, seeing everyone looking at her. Sparks started forming around her antennae. No, not now! She didn't want to hurt OJ. Not in front of everyone,