🍂 The Picnic Hill 🌸

-

AUS:

Alive Mari AU

Highschool AU

-

Characters in this oneshot chapter:

Kel

Sunny

Mari

-

Small chapter summary:

Kel confesses to Sunny :D

-

Sunny sighed as he sat in class, watching the clock tick by. Friday's were always the worst days. He couldn't wait to get out of class.

It was the same way for Kel, and practically everyone in the group.

Sunny was anticipating the weekend even more than usual on this occasion, however. Him and Kel had organized a sleepover together near the middle of the week and have been waiting for it since. Sunny didn't really know what they were going to do together. Kel was the one who asked in the first place. He was just going to roll with it, like he always did.

After what seemed like a trillion years, the final bell rang. Sunny tried his best to pack up as quickly as he could to meet Kel at the front of the school so they could walk to his house. Sunny had assumed that Aubrey and Basil would've joined them in walking home together, but when he got to the front of the school the only person he saw was Kel.

".. Where's Aubrey and Basil?" Sunny questioned Kel as he walked towards him.

"Oh! Sunny!! Hey! Aubrey and Basil said that they both had some things to do. Aubrey is hanging out with the hooligans and Basil said something about a new plant discovery or something." Kel scratched the back of his head and laughed a little.

A slight smile came upon Sunny's face. It soon faded, but Kel did manage to get a glimpse of it. Kel felt his face heat a bit.

"Well, let's get going!" Kel said cheerily, as always.

They walked in comfortable silence towards Kel's house. Since they both lived so close, Sunny dropped his things off at his house, and grabbed the things he needed for the sleepover. He went back over to Kel's house and put everything in Kel's room.

"So um.." Sunny started. "What are we gonna do? You never really evaluated."

Kel had a guilty look on his face. "Haha..yeah...sorry about that." He smiles widely. "I just wanted it to be a surprise."

Sunny looks at him for a moment. A surprise? What kind of surprise?

Sunny gives him a small smile. "Lead the way, then."

-

Kel and Sunny walk around Faraway Town for a while. Mostly checking out the scenery.

"I know we've been walking around town for a bit, but now we're going to go to the actual surprise!" Kel smiles.

Sunny does a small chuckle.

Within Faraway Town there is a hill that people like to go on to take a look at the entire town. There is a staircase that leads up to the hill. There are big trees on the top. Kel was leading Sunny to this place.

As they walked up the steps, Sunny couldn't help but notice how hot he was. He was burning up quite a bit. He was pretty surprised since he was wearing the lightest clothes he had, they weren't very thick either. It was pretty strange.

When they got to the top, they both saw Mari.

"Hi Sunny! Hello Kel! I just finished setting up this picnic for you two! I'm not going to be staying, but I hope you enjoy it!" As Mari was leaving, she smiled at Kel and gave him a look. Kel's ears turned red.

The view before them was extremely scenic. The sun was melting into the rest of the sky, inviting the stars.

Kel sat down first. Sunny followed after, sitting closely to Kel.

"Isn't the view beautiful?" Kel said, looking at Sunny who was lost in the sky.

He nodded in response, still staring.

"U-Um well.. I kind of have something to tell you." Kel looked away when Sunny met his gaze. He was fumbling with his fingers, unable to sit still.

"What is it..?" Sunny was kind of worried. Kel seemed so nervous. It was nothing bad, was it?

Kel scratched behind his head and gave a nervous laugh. "Well, uh, y-you see.." He kept stuttering. Needless to say, he was more than nervous.

Sunny gave him another small smile. "It's okay, take your time. I don't have to look at you when you say it, if that makes you more comfortable."

Kel nodded slightly. He felt kind of bad.

"Okay." Sunny looked back at the sunset, calmly, even though his thoughts were racing a million miles per hour. He was thinking of the worst case scenario.

"W-Well.. Sunny.. You're my best friend. And I don't want to change that. You mean the world to me. But I just can't deal with these emotions I've been feeling recently." Kel looks down.

He cusps Sunny's right hand. This makes Sunny look at him.

"S-Sunny! I.. I'm.. I'm so in love with you. Will.." His voice was uneasy. "Will you g-go...out..with me.." Kel's voice was quiet and his eyes refused to even glance in Sunny's direction. He closed his eyes and scrunched his face. Kel could feel the tears arriving, unwelcomed.

Sunny could feel the heat rising to his face. He was shocked. He squeezed Kel's hands in response and smiled at him. Kel looks up at Sunny, his eyes watery.

"I really love you, Kel. I would love to." Sunny's smile spread across his face. Kel couldn't help how adorable he looked and how happy he was.

Tears streamed down Kel's face.

Kel kissed Sunny on the cheek. "I-I um.. hope that was okay with you."

Sunny's face softened. He put his hand on Kel's cheek.

"Of course."

♡♡