End Of The Night

(this chapter mainly follows Dylan, just not in his POV :) )

- Third Person -

Ryan had brought Dylan back into his arms, the pair holding each other close until the inevitable sound of police sirens brought their flirting and reunion to an end.

As Dylan brought his face out of the crook of Ryan's neck to look toward the door, stress took over him, as his brain began to run with thoughts of exactly what the police would think when they saw the situation that had gone down tonight at Hacketts Quarry Summer Camp.

There was no way they were ever going to believe that some 'mythical' creature had caused his summer crush to have to amputate one of his limbs.

They weren't going to believe that the death of Chris Hackett was only to blame on Ryan Erzahler because when the full moon rised, he became this feral, fleshy monster that wanted nothing more than to tear anything that got in his path.

On top of that, like the police were ever going to believe that there was some old woman's ghost haunting the woods just off from the lodge, screaming in the ears of the campers to pity and have mercy on her son, of whomst was the reason for their suffering in the first place.

As he looked back at everything that has happened for each individual stood in this room tonight, he realised just how much explaining this would all require to even gain a fraction of belief from the police.

As Ryan gently broke their hug, his hands on Dylan's shoulders, he spared him a sympathetic glance as his eyebrows knitted together.

Dylan exhaled loudly, prolonging the sound as he brought his right hand to his bloody hair, running his fingers through it the best he could, given it was currently mostly matted.

"Fuck me.."

He quietly whispers, causing Ryan to gently hug him again, until they are interrupted for real this time, as multiple cops enter the room and demand they all leave the building with their hands in the air.

- Timeskip -

Dylan climbed into the back of the police car, sitting between both Ryan and Kaitlyn in the back of the vehicle.

He had previously played hell with the cops as they'd temporarily taken him to the side to enquire about his evidently new stump, demanding that if he was going anywhere, he wanted to be to the side of either Ryan or Kaitlyn.

But clearly the cops had given him both, not that he was complaining.

His first problem arose when he had to fasten his seatbelt.

Whilst that didn't particularly sound difficult, the one hand of Dylan's that remained was currently shaking like it's life depended on it, and the sweat in his palm was playing no supporting role as he had tried on multiple occasions now to try and plug the seatbelt around himself.

He soon let's go of it in frustration, looking up to the roof of the vehicle as he dragged his hands first across his jeans to remove some of the sweat, before it met his face and he had hidden parts of his face as his eyes filled with tears of anger and his teeth bit down harshly on his bottom lip.

Once he had decided to try again, he was shocked to notice that his hand gently brushed against Ryan's, who was now in turn holding the seatbelt, pulling it across him and finishing the task he couldn't complete for him.