Goodbye.

A short chapter I decided I wanted to write, that covers Ryan finding out about the passing of his grandparents.

Flashback

- Ryan's POV -

The interviewing process with the police has finally come to an end, and Ryan and the others were free to walk away from the case with no charges of murder or anything like they had expected, which Ryan was surprised about, given he had quite literally taken the life of his father figure.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, and he pulled it out to see why.

His face lit up and a smile took over his features once he had realised it was Dylan who had messaged him.

Curious, he clicked on the message and was taken to their chat.

Dylan ❤️

Dylan ❤️: How. The. Fuck? Let's go!

Ryan chuckled at the message, before typing up a response.

Ryan: no idea, but you won't catch me complaining.

Dylan ❤️: LMFAO. I SHOULDN'T BE AS HAPPY AS I AM.

Ryan: Why not? You're allowed to be happy about it. I know I am.

Dylan ❤️: Awh, does that mean rare Ryan Erzahler smiles?

Ryan looked dumbfounded at his phone, shocked that Dylan had found a way to make a perfectly casual conversation about leaving a police station into something flirty.

Ryan: omg.. 🤦🤦

Dylan ❤️: ISJDEOD I like it when you smile :)

Ryan: Your smiles nicer.

Dylan ❤️: DID YOU JUST FLIRT BACK?!

Ryan: Maybe.

Dylan ❤️: BRB JUST GONNA GO SCREAM AND CRY RQ

Ryan: Lmfao.

Ryan closed the chat between the pair as his taxi pulled up.

He decided against ringing his grandparents at this time, as he had figured they'd both likely be asleep or unavailable, which was totally understandable.

The entire car trip home, Ryan couldn't stop thinking about how happy he'd be to embrace his family and just sleep.

Today had been a long day already, and it was only 9am.

He had evidently gotten lost in his thoughts, as the taxi pulled up and he'd gotten out, thanking the driver and paying him before making his way to the front door and unlocking it, entering the house.

He closed the door behind him, locking it once again before placing his keys on the table beside the front door and making his way into the house.

Thankfully, the police station had allowed each camper to go and individually wash and change clothes, so Ryan was clean and didn't have to worry about washing off the blood that had built up from their night of horror.