[12] 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙪𝙣𝙖 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩

THE SAUNA TEST————————————

THE SAUNA TEST
————————————

I laid asleep in my bed as the house phone was ringing, I didn't want to answer it so I didn't, was too tired to move honestly.

Then I heard static come from my supercomm, I groaned in annoyance and went to shut it off.

"(Y/n), it's Mike—" Mike was cut off by El, "And El." I heard her say, I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"If this is about us getting together again, that's definitely not happening." I said, "..Well, it's not about that. It's about the mindflayer. He's back. Just get here asap, please. over and out." Mike said and then the supercomm went back to static.

They better not be lying about this.

——

I made my way to Mike's house, dropping my bike to the side and walking inside the back door.

Once I made it inside I shut the door behind me and saw El smile when she saw me, Mike smiled as well but I glared at them.

I saw Ren with them, he looked at the paper that will drew on.

They couldn't even try to get me to talk to them in person, I walked over to the table where everyone was.

"But the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world?" Will said, I crossed my arms and didn't pay Mike or El any mind.

"Okay, what I don't understand is- if the mindflayer's back, he would've found a new host by now." Ren stated.

"Same here, I don't understand. The Demodogs died when El closed the gate. If the brain dies, the body dies." Max said.

"We can't take any chances. We need to assume the worst. The mind flayer's back." Mike added, "Yeah. And if he is, he'd want to attach himself to someone again. A new me." Will said.

"A new host." Ren cut in, everyone turned to him, "How can you tell if someone is a host?" El questioned.

——

"I don't know. He looks pretty normal to me." Max said, placing the binoculars down.

"Well, normal could always be an illusion, you never know." Ren added, I chuckled.

"Normal? How many times have you seen him with a shirt on?" Lucas asked, "I mean, it's a little weird." Max answered.

"More than a little. He was in a tub with ice. The mind flayer likes it cold." Mike said.