CHAPTER 5 - LINGERING STARVATION

!WARNINGS!
Depictions of Dead animals
Gore
Mentions of Bile (i think this triggers some people so im gonna put it here)
Blood

Your hands immediately seem to wrench themselves tightly around your mouth as the erratic breathing somewhere within the room becomes clear to you. He must've heard you fall down the stairs like an idiot. Your eyes flash around the dark room as you suddenly hear him moving - where was he? You had no idea, unfortunately; his footsteps, despite their intensity were vague and it was hard to make out his position. 

It almost felt like you were breathing through a straw - you suppressed your lungs so harshly because of your sheer terror or being found again; you knew he was truly angry this time, judging by how he'd stomped down the corridor and trampled down the stairs like a drunken madman - and right now being caught was on your blacklist; like it had been many other times before.
In desperate search of a solution to your cries, your urge for your eventual escape - and your lingering hunger.. that had slowly begun creeping up upon you as the days passed; your eyes meet with the blissful sight of the open doorway he'd come through. Now, while you didn't know if it was an exit, or if it was simply another room - you would take your chances, anything to get out of this blood-curdling situation. Your breath slightly hitches as you stand, and it seems as though you aren't the only one who noticed. 
With widened eyes, you listen as his thundering footsteps make their way over to your spot of cover, though you are smart enough to inaudibly creep to the other side of the sofa - right as his manic eyes shower over the rim of the structured fabric to gaze down below - to seek you out and punish you for your wrongdoings. His eyes are almost glowing - so bright and wide that you could consider them ball-formed glowsticks.. which was a weird thing to say, but it was all they could be described as. As his eyes shift over to where you sit, shrouded in darkness; peeking at him, you quickly hide yourself behind the wall of the sofa once more - and luckily for you, he doesn't pick up your motives this time as he moves back away; and this time you can actually see him searching for you, as silent as he always was whenever he seemed focused. Placing a heart to your chest out of relief, you make sure not to release another audible breath and try to continue - your eyes now darting towards the door he'd left ajar. You have to get over there before he decides to give up.. or worse; find you.
You spot another small cushioned chair not too far from the sofa. Glancing back over the rim of the Sofa, your two eyes narrow at him - he's still searching over there for you; his back is turned and you assume now would be the best time to scatter if you wanted to make it out alive. Mentally, you exhale and quickly force yourself onto your hands and knees and begin to crawl over to the cushioned chair; it's just about two meters away, and you pray to whatever god is out there that the floorboards don't suddenly creak and alert him like they usually do. Luckily for you, they abide your prayers and allow you to pass unheard - leaving you to slip behind the chair just as he wanders somewhere off to the right. His eyes flicker for a moment - in your direction, and you swear they'd darted right at the chair, but you could only hopefully assume that he just.. did it for no reason - despite the lack of sense that made to you personally. 
After you finally see him fade away down another eerie hallway, you take your chance. Standing up, you tip-toe your way through a doorway in front of you as quickly as possible; your teeth remained hooked in your lip and your knuckles are paling from how much force you're exerting onto them - all of this was your stress, your fear; your worries. But you knew that THIS time you'd make it out - not only would it be embarrassing if you didn't, but it would also spell your fate - you're sure you've said that to yourself plenty of times.
You make it to the doorway; your eyes light up at the sight of the starts outside and you finally smile - though prevent yourself from laughing for obvious reason. You sneak around a corner, your bare feet pad against the soaked grass outside; and you finally take a moments rest to collect yourself - to breathe properly and think over your next move. He probably thought you were inside, judging by how he'd returned; so you could hold off here for a while.. and hopefully find something to eat while you were at it.
Your stomach was aching like crazy; you were pretty sure you were beginning to starve - you had no idea of how to check the time; so you didn't know how much time had passed since you'd last eaten; and if you recall correctly, it was a half-eaten bowl of popcorn that Lila had spilt all over your graciously elegant couch.
How hadn't you noticed your Lingering Starvation before? Perhaps it'd been your adrenaline that washed it away, but you couldn't be sure.