CHAPTER 5 - PART 2

You head around the back of the cabin with swift, almost inaudible steps - your breaths are but small, foggy clouds whenever they exit your mouth - and you had begun to shiver slightly; you weren't wearing much, so that was understandable. All you currently had on was your underwear and some poorly wrapped bandages that felt as though they would slip from your chest any moment - the icy gusts of wind seemed to almost knock you off your feet anytime you wouldn't pay full attention to what was before you - like you were forbidden from straying from your task; the one that you had practically drilled into your skull. Get inside.

Your eyes gaze over the cabin-side after you finally managed to walk along the slim concrete path that led to the 'backyard' ; which was more of a graveyard, in your opinion - there were piles of dead flowers and leaves, stains of unimaginable substances scattered about and a good variety of empty soda cans. There was also a pretty deep hole, that for obvious reasons you found very odd. Before it was a stone - there were letters carved into it, but the rock was so aged and chipped that you couldn't make out a single word. Sighing, you turn back towards the cabin - your eyes trail over the wooden wall for a moment until you spot a window at the very top left. Immediately, the cogs in your head begin to function - they assist whatever plan you were trying to create as you scan your surroundings; a bit more thoroughly this time to ensure you could find something that would help you get up there.
Luckily for you, there was an old rusted ladder in the far back - somewhat lodged between a bush, but visible enough for you to have noticed it. You quickly patter over and leave your eyes to trail across it for a brief second, before both of your hands find themselves gripping its sides. 
It's pretty hard to get out - it must be tangled in the branches. You huff and let go so you can inspect what was preventing it from exiting the bush; and just as you'd suspected, the ladder's very last three steps were tangled in thorn-covered branches and you could only recoil at the sight. There's no way you were about to rip up your hands as well..
Perhaps you could use a piece of the bandages? Not enough for you to be bare, or for them to slip.. just a tad bit of cloth so you could get this thing out.
You mentally roll your eyes and spin your head downwards so you faced your slipping bandages, and with a slight tug on one of its many ends - you tear off a piece of cloth and wrap it around your right hand, eyes darting upwards to meet your current nemesis; the bush. (your ultimate enemy!!!)
Your face flushes with determination as you stick your hand into the bush, and around the branches that held the ladder captive - you can feel the thorns beginning to tear through the cloth as you pull around at the wood; having already managed to pry a few off. The ladder is almost free when one of the thorns finally shreds your cloth and sinks into your right hand - causing you to jolt and hiss through your teeth. You pull your hand back out and inspect your new injury; like you didn't already have enough.
It doesn't seem that bad, and it only created a small hole in the cloth - you could definitely just wrap it back around, only differently this time.
Taking off the bandage, you re-arrange it around your hand so your palm is covered again; and then stick it back into the bush to remove the final tangled branch.

It takes much longer than you would have expected, but the Ladder is finally set free and almost loudly clatters to the ground - but you catch it with your left hand just before it does, your two arms now weirdly crossing over each other. With slightly strain because of how heavy the ladder seemed, you silently place it down onto the ground and pull your hand out of the bush. It was covered in small scrapes and cuts - but they were on your knuckles only, aside from the literal hole that you had in your palm now.
You decide to keep the bandage on your hand to aid your new injury and hopefully cease the bleeding.

Turning your attention back towards the ladder, you latch your hands around it and wince slightly; trying your best to lift it and bring it back towards the back of the cabin. Your steps are slow, and you are being ungodly careful - but you eventually make it and set the ladder up against the wall, a direct path to the window you plan on entering.