Something's off

Y/N POV

An alarm beeps in the morning. Y/N, the newest member of the squid sisters family got off his charging station to check the time.

'6:00 already? Ugh'

I was groggy and sleep deprived. It's been a few months since the squid sisters built me and ever since then I've seen them as my own sisters and they saw me as their own brother that they built, and I wasn't ready to head over to my new job guarding my post in octo canyon.

Ever since cuttlefish...well...disappeared for his underground "project"...Callie, Marie and I had to guard the sewer entrance to the Canyon and the Square.

'Where are Marie and Callie? Callie may be an early bird and Marie might be a bit lazy but it's not like them to leave before me.'

I decided not to think about it. they probably went with Iris to go get breakfast or something.

I walked out of the small apartment me and Callie shared. On the deck, I could see the big flatscreen T.V. In the square. Since it was exactly 6:00, the new girls Pearl and Marina, were giving their first report of the day. I watched them. They were a horror show. What even! Marie and Callie were so much better!

"Don't get cooked?" Please! Stay fresh was much better, and not as long and dumb! Amateurs...

As they closed up, I walked back into the apartment, and shut the screen door. Callie and Marie still wasn't anywhere to be found. I didn't see either one of them when I skimmed the crowds for them and Iris.

Oh well. I guess I'll see them there.

I then polished my metal body to make it more nicer, Then i put my kimono that Marie gave to me. I saw hundreds of these over the weekends. But none were as special as this one. None of those silly designs were hand sewn by Aunt Coral.

None of them had Callie's hand print stained onto them either.

*Flashback*

Aunt Coral! Look! Marie, Y/N and I are finger painting! See? See!?

That's sweet of you three. Now, Callie...don't get your hands too...close....to the fabric....

Ah! Sorry Coral...sorry Marie...sorry Y/N...

It's okay Callie! Now I can remember you always when I'm big enough to wear this one day! See, I'll do it too!

*End of flashback*

As I straightened the skirt of the kimono, I brushed the little hand print marked by Callie, the one designed by Marie, and the one I did myself.

Hm.

I grabbed Marie's parasol and walked to the post, excited to see my sisters again, but where are they.