Part 9

Kane Russell Anderson:

Delia came in and smiled slightly at Axle sitting next to Zaire praying for her to wake up. She hardly spared a glance at Knox and Lauren as she walked passed them and into the kitchen. I watched Axle a moment longer, sending up a silent prayer to Luna for him and Zaire before going into the kitchen as well. If anyone knew about Josie and her family it would be Delia.

She was making a bowl of soup when I went in.

She said, "Can I help you with something, Kane?" Her back was to me but I still nodded.

I said, "Hopefully." She must have sensed something in my tone or she knew why I was here.

She said, "You want information. About what, may I ask?"

I studied her while saying, "Josie's family. You know, the one I wasn't aware existed." She tensed and quit stirring the soup. She sighed after a long moment of silence.

She said, "You aren't the only one kept in the dark. It is kind of surprising she didn't tell you. Maybe it is because you are in a pack. Anyways, I am the only one here aside from Josie that knows anything and that is only because I know her parents." She put the soup on the counter to cool before coming over and sitting across from me. She said, "She doesn't really talk about them. They don't talk about her either."

I asked in confusion, "Don't they love her?"

She nodded, "Oh yes, very much. She loves them too. They just believe that if people know who she is they will think she is getting special treatment." I just stared at her. Special treatment?

She said, "I understand you are frustrated with everything but you have to realize Josie has a lot of secrets and you may not understand some of her actions right away. I promise you though, there is a reason for everything and if you ask her the right questions, you may get the right answers." With that very cryptic answer she grabbed the cooled bowl of soup and left the kitchen. I stayed there for who knows how long trying to figure out what she meant. When I came to Lauren and Knox were in here. They were staring at me.

When I asked them why they were staring at me they looked relieved.

Knox said, "We've been trying to get your attention for ten minutes."

I shrugged, "I was thinking." They chuckled. I didn't say a joke. I said, "What did you guys want anyways?"

Lauren said like it was obvious, "We miss you. We've seen you like twice in a whole month."

I rolled my eyes, "I've been busy."

She nodded, "I noticed. But, we still want to hang out with you." I raised a brow. Daryl came in and with one glance at us he went to leave again.

I said, "It's fine, Daryl. Josie already knows they are here. And we aren't talking about any secrets." He shrugged and turned back around, going to the chocolate cabinet.

He said, "Do you know where Josie is? Harvey needs to talk to her."

I explained, "She is being questioned about Zaire." He nodded in understanding.

He said, "So in her office?"

I nodded, "I wouldn't disturb her right now though."

He said, "Thanks for the tip." I shrugged in a no problem kind of way. It was about lunch time so it didn't surprise me when Joseph and Isabelle and Bridget came in.

Belle was complaining, "I just don't see why it is such a big deal. People on both ends got hurt, let's call it a day."

Joseph said, "First of all, both your opinions are biased. Of course we don't want Josie to be arrested but we all know that it isn't the first time and I highly doubt it will be the last. Second of all, this isn't helping Bridget at all with lowering her stress." Bridget had been freaking out about Zaire since it happened and Olivia told her to relax or else the stress would kill her pups.