Part 12

Josephina Danielle Cameron:

I pulled Kane to the backyard where my family was already gathered. It wasn't just my family though. It was their entire pack.

Kane said, "Your family is a lot bigger than I originally thought."

I said, "This was my first pack; my parents' pack."

He raised a brow, "You got kicked out of your parents' pack?"

I shook my head, "I left. I was having a bit or trouble here so my dad transferred me to the other pack for a while. I just didn't come back after going rogue."

He asked, "Why not?"

I said, "I wanted to die. If it wasn't for Jamie I would have."

He pulled me closer to his side and kissed my head, "I'm glad you didn't." I smiled, "Me too."

"Josephina!" a very familiar voice squealed. I was tackled into a hug when I turned around.

I hugged back tightly, "Jade!" She laughed, pulling away.

She rambled, "Alex said you were here but I had to go pick up the twins and so I didn't get to see you so I was all bummed and then he said that you found your mate and that Estella was causing trouble again and your mate is an alpha and that..."

I cut her off, "Jade! Calm down and breathe," I laughed. "I'm staying for a while."

She laughed while taking a deep breath, "So it is all true?"

I nodded, "Yep, it is." I took Kane's hand. He looked a little overwhelmed. I said, "Kane this is my sister in law, Jade. She rambles but don't be intimidated."

She waved, "Hello, Kane."

I said, "She is as hyper as her children." Jade giggled. Alex jogged up carrying Sam and Don who were squealing with joy. He nodded his head in greeting.

"Dee wants you to go see him. He is inside trying to get Kasey to come out. Eric is getting frustrated," Alex informed.

"Who is Kasey?"

"The little girl they officially adopted today. She is a little bit shy."

I pouted, "They didn't tell me they were adopting a little girl those jerks!" He and Jade chuckled while I pulled Kane with me through the house trying to find them.

Eric was outside his bedroom door, leaning against it and listening to what was going on inside it.

I smacked the back of his head, "That's for not telling me you were adopting a little girl!"

He rubbed the back of his head before correcting me, "Adopted. We signed the final papers today. She is officially ours and she is officially convinced no one will like her."

"Why does she think that?" Kane asked. Eric glanced at him suspiciously. I realized he didn't want to talk about it with Kane.

"Hey, why don't you meet me in there? Go see if you can get her to calm down?" I asked Kane. He nodded in acceptance, understanding what was happening. He kissed my cheek before opening the door. The sound of her crying came out making me frown. After he was in he shut the door. I looked back at Eric.

He said, "Shane decided it would be a good idea to throw dirt at her shortly after we first got here. Her old parents would get angry at that and so she got scared and ran away. Luckily, Dee had grabbed her before she ran into the street. She started crying and begging for us not to hurt her and so we brought her here. We had her to where she believed we weren't going to hurt her, ever, but she doesn't think anyone will like her."