Kwanzaa pt 2

Ray pov

Self determination was the second day of Kwanzaa where we all work together. This isn't my favorite day cause I don't wanna clean up or hear the Black Panthers and the SCLC family members argue about who was better at getting what we all wanted. Or how the black lives matter needs to know how to make protest.
They been arguing about that since summer. I rather listen to my pot head hippie uncle Ted talk about the 70s and tell me his high stories he have a new one every year. Chill and listen to Jimi Hendrix. While he pass me the bong. I should go to his place I think he off today.

Me and Yn got dress and went into the rental.
"So I'm just going to let you know Yn you about to meet my favorite family member." I said

"Who is it?" Yn asked

"You'll see " I replied

I drove the car over to a trailer park where my uncle lived. He lived in a trailer that stood out from many others. It was full of Reggie and 70's vibes. I enjoyed being here as a kid til my sister Marvin Gaye stopped letting him watch me. But as I got older I started seeing him more on my own.

When we made to the trailer park I parked the car in front of his home. As smiled appeared on my face. Yn and I got out of the car and went in front of his home I made a best on the door till he opened.

" It's Ray the kid and a young lady come in to mi casa" Ted said greeting us in.

"Hello."Yn said

Yn pov

As we walked in I could smell the hint of weed and essences burning around the colorful trailer. As Bob Marley no woman no cry lightly played on the vinyl

"Ray I got you the purest gift. Good thing its Kwanzaa so it doesn't matter when get it." As Uncle Ted said going through his self he gave Ray a wrapped gift in a small box. Ray thanked him as he opened it was a pipe bowl. It was red, black, yellow and green.

"Now you could stop fucking around with those papers made for cancer and get the pure shit. Save you money. " Ted said as he passed Ray a lighter and a bag of full of nugs of weed.

"Happy Kwanzaa" Ray cheered

"I see you brought a young lady among us. What's your name? Whats the relation." Ted said

"I'm Ray's girlfriend Yn." I said

"Well don't be shy. You family now. So are you are hippy or a commoner." Ted laughed

"I'm a black hippie." I said as Ted went to a the coffee table and grabbed some weed and his bong as he lit it up in the bowl the sound of bubbles formed as he sucked in the smoke soaking it in and breathing it out.

"Black hippie. Little hip hop, rhythm and blues junkie. The odd mars of hip-hop lovers. The beats of trips. You must know the herb of nature and beautiful earth. The Eve of my nephew Ray. What do you know Yn what makes you a black hippie? " He said looking at

"I embrace my culture and race. Not afraid to say how I feel. I'm urban and suburban all in one. I enjoy peace and myself, I touched life and death. I love sapiosexuals and love writing about the world beauty of imperfection and my wondering mind. "Thats why I say I'm a black hippie.

"Ray do you agree with the wonder child. My uncle said

"I agree with the wonder child." Ray replied.

"I welcome the new ages of Milinium hipsters. But some just wanna do it for the style and shit. Some kids actually know the true definition. I mean you don't have to be a pot head. To be a hippie. But me I'm a pot head and a hippie." Ted laughed grabbing the bong and taking another hit.

As Ray handed my the pipe bowl I lit it up and took a few hits. Ted changed the record to Maze while happy feelings played. While we sat on the couch and got high.

"You know that weed is my favorite its called White Russian. I only buy the trippy shit." Ted said

As Ray took a hit then passed it to me after a few puffs things got trippy. Minutes laters after a few hits i felt the high take me up. As me Ray shares 5. I felt light on my feet. As I on the couch I laid over on Ray lap as a knock hit the door

"Teddy bear I just made some brownies I thought you should have some." A woman came inside while in daze I played with my fingers touching Ray face. While he laughed.

"Yeah just give me 3." Ted replied

"What did you give those kids." The woman asked

"I gave the black hippies some goods ass white Russian. They about to get trippy." Ted laughed

She left the brownies and left the the trailer. While Ray and I played in each hair. Singing along with the song.

"Happy feelings in the air. Happy feelings." We sang along and laughed.
We sat on the couch feeling like we were floating.

Happy Feelings