Party of the ages

Ray pov

As Kwanzaa went on for the last day my family have a party of the time. We always have it at my uncle John ballroom. Since he keeps the old records and CDs given to him and their is enough room for the whole family to dance . Even my uncle Teddy came over. When i was little they told us don't eat the brownies. When we brought over 'desserts' this was my favorite part of Kwanzaa. I dress in a white puff long sleeve button shirt along with a vest, slacks and along with dress shoes. Yn wore a black long sleeve turtle neck along with high waist pants and a black leather jacket with her hair in an afro and a pair of books with a few chains. As we left the hotel room and went to my uncle John Ballroom studio . We got out of the rental car and went inside. As music the 1940s played. Every one danced around coupled together. My mom came and hugged me wearing an dress from the 1950s and a press and curl hair up do.

"Ray you made it where were you the second day of Kwanzaa?" She asked me

"I went by to visit uncle Ted." I said

"I know he's family but nothing can come from your uncle Ted I know what you and Yn did over there." She said to me and looked at Yn.

"Marvin big mouth but no need to get on Yn." I replied

"I know I'm sorry if I offended you Yn. You 2 know weed is illegal." She scolded

"Only because the high power made it illegal." My uncle John came in. "Those kids ain't do nothing wrong." Uncle John added on.

As we walked and greeted some of my cousins as I caught my cousin Terrence checking Yn as he walked over.

"Who knew a woman of black pride can look so sweet." He camed up to Yn.

"Umm. Thank you." Yn replied looking at me kind of confused

"You should lay off my brother." I said to Terrence.

"Don't hurt yourself my brother." Terrence replied

"Don't be stupid my brother. I'm all Rayan's." Yn said ending the point less conflict. As he walked away. Terrence been looking at Yn since I welcome her over for thanksgiving. My uncle Tye tapped Yn shoulder, My uncle Tye is a member in the black panther. He believed in Malcolm X and dream for Angela Davis.

"My I have this dance my sister." He said to Yn and looked at me and Yn did the same I gave her my approval as him.

"I might steal your girl." My uncle Tye joked as him and Yn dance to a James Brown Mix. My sisters Ella and Marley came to me in their 70s costumes.

"Now do you groovy ladies want a dance? " I asked

"Yes. " they both said. As grabbed their hands and we danced to the music.

Later on after my sisters got tired I went to dance with Yn. She was still dancing with my Uncle Tye they like they was having fun a he taught her some dance moves.

" Uncle Tye so can I have my girlfriend back before you run away with her." I joked

"Alright. " Tye said to me. "Yn I want you too have this button my sister and always have black power, fight for your beliefs and im gonna give you a gift." He said going on his coat and taking off a button." This is a free Huey Newton button. He's a political activist. Happy 1st Kwanzaa. "He said to Yn as she put the button on her jacket thanking him as he left. Later me and Yn danced and ate after that the party got a late 70s as we danced in a soul train line. Jamming it out. As rhe songs got more up to date we all dance together till everyone started making their way home as me and Yn made it to the hotel room. As we took a shower and got in bed.

Yn pov

As Ray and I laid down we looked in each other eyes.

"You make me so happy." Ray said to me.

"You make me happy to." I said as Ray came closer to me. "I had fun spending my first Kwanzaa with you and your family." I said

"Your the first i ever invited over for Kwanzaa. My family likes you." He smiled at me.

"Don't i feel special." I said

"You are special." He said to me as he pulled me closer kissing my lips. As I climbed on top of him kissing his lips as he kissed mine. Being with him always feels like the rush of a high.